Anybody noticing this...

#11Ergot_CholeraPosted 2/14/2013 2:57:48 AM
Grand_Blue posted...
I want the cases to be more firm and I want an actual manual with good box art, that's old school.

On a related note, how come European DS cases use cheap plastic and are considerably fatter? I have a Spanish Pokemon Black and a European Final Fantasy 3 and the cases are fat and made of cheap plastic -_-

I am in the UK so I own Euro version DS games, but I also have a lot of US and Japanese DS games and I always thought that the transparent European cases were of higher quality than the opaque US and Japanese versions. Some European games have images printed on the inside of the cover, so they can be viewed when the case is opened.
#12darkness1018Posted 2/14/2013 2:59:49 AM
TehTrumpCard posted...
Vita games don't even have physical manuals.

Hell, the bundled games don't even come with proper cases.

Although 99% of FPS games have 2 pages that they call a manual. You can tell Dead Space 3 was an FPS before popping in the disc because it had the FPS "manual" rather than the slightly meaty one that the other two had.

I think its only NA Vita games. I imported New Little Kings Story from EU and it came with a thin, full color manual. And i remember in another topic someone from AU saying their Vita games also came with manuals. You are also right about FPS and the cheap 2 pages...lol RE6 also had something like that.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#13BrokenBandit84Posted 2/14/2013 4:30:19 AM
The Manuals are still thick but unfortunatley now they are only 1/4 written in english :D
#14SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/14/2013 4:44:52 AM
TehTrumpCard posted...

And here's a perfect example of why you shouldn't post facts if you aren't sure what you're talking about. Dream C Club Portable for Vita comes with a 30 page color instruction manual.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#15OoSubaruoOPosted 2/14/2013 4:47:40 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...

And here's a perfect example of why you shouldn't post facts if you aren't sure what you're talking about. Dream C Club Portable for Vita comes with a 30 page color instruction manual.

Because everyone here imports Japanese titles....?
#16SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/14/2013 4:53:02 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
SkittyOnWailord posted...
TehTrumpCard posted...

Because everyone here imports Japanese titles....?

Because he/she/shi didn't specify any specific region and posted a broad fact about the system's games in general?
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#17Zero_ManiacPosted 2/14/2013 4:54:54 AM
Well, I usually buy retail, and I guess I do agree. Where are the nice manuals from even the GBA days? I know GBA doesn't seem so long ago to some of you guys, but I grew up with it. I really think the GBA/early DS era was the last point of us getting real manuals. Now manuals are digital, small, or sometimes not even there.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.
#18OoSubaruoOPosted 2/14/2013 5:03:53 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Well, I usually buy retail, and I guess I do agree. Where are the nice manuals from even the GBA days? I know GBA doesn't seem so long ago to some of you guys, but I grew up with it. I really think the GBA/early DS era was the last point of us getting real manuals. Now manuals are digital, small, or sometimes not even there.

Have you not bought Atlus games recently? Devil Survivor Overclocked/Code of Princess come to mind with thick manuals.
#19Zero_ManiacPosted 2/14/2013 5:08:17 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

Have you not bought Atlus games recently? Devil Survivor Overclocked/Code of Princess come to mind with thick manuals.

Yes and no. I bought Code of Princess, but it was used. My GS only had that one copy so I took it. But other than that, no Atlus games for me.

So basically no.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.
#20Someguy_13Posted 2/14/2013 5:17:54 AM
I have never been so disappointed as when I opened the case for Sly Cooper 4 and there was literally not even a slip of paper where the manual should be.

Great game though.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010