Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D just a copy/paste job.

#41Tzuba12Posted 2/14/2013 8:49:27 AM
The vid IS on the eshop right now, yes, in NA. Just search "Nintendo Direct" and its the first thing that comes up. The front page just hasn't been updated yet.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#42gransPosted 2/14/2013 8:51:28 AM
Downloading now, thanks for the info about searching it!
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#43-Zeke-Posted 2/14/2013 8:51:42 AM
It doesn't mean that they can't add new stuff to the game, you know
---
"Your opinion is different from mine, so you are obviously a troll"
3DS code: 1118-1052-2607 (PM me if you add me)
#44Tzuba12Posted 2/14/2013 8:54:06 AM
grans posted...
Downloading now, thanks for the info about searching it!

No prob!
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#45P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/14/2013 8:54:24 AM
GEKGanon posted...
If you actually played DKC Returns on the Wii, you'd know the game is absolutely gorgeous, and is going to look AMAZING in glasses-free 3D. You'd also know the controls SUCKED and made the Wii version unnecessarily difficult. So the 3DS version have normal controls? Hell, that is a straight upgrade.

The only thing that could remotely be considered troubling about the controls is that you have to shake the controller to roll and using a nunchuk removes that problem.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece
#46gransPosted 2/14/2013 8:57:57 AM(edited)
I noticed the part where you normally beat the tiki mask up at the end. Where it would normally ask you to shake the controller to beat him up, it shows the X button instead. So I think it's fair to assume at this point that waggle controls have been remapped to the buttons. Rejoice all! :D

Oh and by the way, I'll have to recheck the Wii version again but this looks like a very faithful port from a graphical perspective. Video compression artifacts aside, it looks like they did a great job with the visuals so far. And the game seems to run smoothly. Can't tell whether it's 60fps like the Wii version due to videos like this being capped at 30fps but it's certainly not dropping below the 30fps mark!
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#47DalkinPosted 2/14/2013 8:58:26 AM
I'm good for it. I love the wii original but whoever decided to map roll to waggle needs to have their heads looked at. There just isn't enough precision with waggle and it's not like they couldn't have used another button.

It was a very pretty game. I'm surprised the 3DS can handle it.
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#48xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/14/2013 9:23:57 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#49P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 2/14/2013 10:10:44 AM
Dalkin posted...
I'm good for it. I love the wii original but whoever decided to map roll to waggle needs to have their heads looked at. There just isn't enough precision with waggle and it's not like they couldn't have used another button.

It was a very pretty game. I'm surprised the 3DS can handle it.

The 3DS can do things graphically that the Wii cannot.
---
NNID: Ko-san
Currently Playing: Zelda2, Muramasa, One Piece