so is donkey kong a Wii port?

#1daniel1232323Posted 2/14/2013 8:00:26 AM
Or is it actually a sequel to the wii donkey kong returns?
---
you want mother in america? don't you know? it doesn't exist.
#2strongo9Posted 2/14/2013 8:00:38 AM
Port.
---
Want Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Rayman Legends, and Bioshock Infinite.
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce 540m
#3gransPosted 2/14/2013 8:00:42 AM
It's a port of the Wii version.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#4Nate_DihldorffPosted 2/14/2013 8:07:47 AM
Semi-downgraded port with <hopefully> removal of waggle to roll.
---
Random GameFAQs user in regards to a used game: "No tutorial since its from GameStop."
#5gransPosted 2/14/2013 8:33:08 AM(edited)

And how do you figure it's downgraded in any way when absolutely nothing is known about it yet besides it being a strait port of the Wii version? We know literally nothing whatsoever about the game besides the fact that it's a 3D rerelease of the Wii version. Wait until we see at least a video of it before you assume whether it's better or worse.
---
-Granville
#6OoSubaruoOPosted 2/14/2013 8:33:33 AM
grans posted...

And how do you figure it's downgraded in any way when absolutely nothing is known about it yet besides it being a strait port of the Wii version? We know literally nothing whatsoever about the game besides the fact that it's a 3D rerelease of the Wii version.

Because, he can see into the future. Or, he's just an ignorant person who didn't bother listening to the Direct.
#7parkourboybryanPosted 2/14/2013 8:46:09 AM
I can see the backgrounds maybe not being as detailed in order to be able to do 60fps and 3D, but I don't think it will look too different.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#8gransPosted 2/14/2013 8:47:53 AM
If the screenshots shown during the direct are actually from the 3DS port (which they seem to be as GoNintendo posted some that were in 3DS' 400x240 resolution), it seems faithful from a graphical perspective so far. I'm interested to see how it's going to look in motion, especially the framerate. I hope Retro is working on the port personally, so far over the years they have proven themselves to be very good at pushing hardware visually.
---
-Granville
#9gransPosted 2/14/2013 9:00:05 AM
Video is up on the eshop for US, and I believe EU. If you can't find it, search "nintendo direct". Looks graphically faithful to the Wii version and doesn't seem to suffer from framerate issues. We can safely assume waggle controls are gone as well, seems to be mapped to the X button now based on the end of the video where you beat up the tiki mask.
---
-Granville
#10GloryChaosPosted 2/14/2013 9:07:24 AM
OoSubaruoO posted...
grans posted...

And how do you figure it's downgraded in any way when absolutely nothing is known about it yet besides it being a strait port of the Wii version? We know literally nothing whatsoever about the game besides the fact that it's a 3D rerelease of the Wii version.

Because, he can see into the future. Or, he's just an ignorant person who didn't bother listening to the Direct.

His prediction shouldn't be ruled out so easily. To some people, going from 480p to 240p would be seen as a downgrade. That, and it's usually the case for console games with handheld ports to come off as rather poor. Just look at Ratchet and Clank: Full Frontal Assault for the Vita.

Wait a minute...

DANGIT SONY!
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666