Is it sad that a deciding factor for me buying games...

#1kaliskonigPosted 2/14/2013 7:33:12 AM(edited)
Is sometimes how appealing a games map is or if they have an overworld map?

some recent example:

NSMBU: I knew it was going to pretty much be a rehash yet I caved once I saw how they put emphasis on the inter connected map and made it resemble Super Mario World by including the Yoshi's (which ended up being lackluster in comparison to Super Mario World's.)

Paper Mario Sticker Star: While not completely terrible it's not as great as it should have been. Wasn't going to buy it because it removed features that made paper mario stand out...gave em once I saw dat overworld.

Rhythm thief: Usually not into Rhythmic games...saw it had an overworld so I had to buy it ( Do not regret my purchase though)

Now there's the music game from gamefreak which name slips my mind. I thought it looked interesting because it was gamefreak but didn't see it as a must have. Then in the ninten-direct earlier i saw it has a sexy overworld.

I freaking love interactive overworld maps! Am I alone on this?
#2SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/14/2013 7:36:00 AM
I was just thinking how is is kinda bad that Nintendo keeps trying to make every game "Super Mario-esque" with the world map. It's like they think only Mario-like features can sell their games these days. Animal Crossing, Fantasy Life and DQVII should tell them that's not true. At least to Japanese fans.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#3EchidneysPosted 2/14/2013 8:59:44 AM
Not at all. I like a game to be expansive, and a handheld game that isn't chopped into levels or railsy, point A-B gameplay would be nice every now and then. It doesn't have to be like Skyrim portable or whatever, but something to that effect would be nifty. Places to explore, mostly.
---
"It sucks, and you're all stupid for liking it."
#4CubeTVPosted 2/14/2013 9:52:02 AM
I have something different...

In Super Mario 3D Land, you do NOT have a score system which basically made the game a lot worse for me. If it had one, it would have been one of my favorites.
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs