I didn't watch the Nintendo Direct, but I saw that a Mario Golf was announced...

#21LonelyGoombaPosted 2/14/2013 11:29:06 AM
mario golf without the RPG parts is fine.
i always felt the RPG elements benefited the Tennis games much more.

so, unlike tennis. Im happy there isnt a rpg mode
---
Why do reviewers have to be so enthusiastic all the time?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#22StarmanJuniorPosted 2/14/2013 12:46:47 PM
noutBr posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
I groaned and lol'd at the new Mario Golf title. Seriously Nintendo, just let it die. There are way too many golf and tennis games as it is, stopping milking it.

There are so many turn based RPGs, stop milking them.
There are so many action RPGs, stop milking them.
There are so many Platformers, stop milking them.
There are so many First Person Shooters, stop milking them.

Why make ANY games, we already have plenty of them! Let's stop making movies too because let's face it, we have waaaaay to many movies already!

It's golf! GOLF! And Tennis! TENNIS! It's going to be the same thing. SAME!
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#23BringerOfPiePosted 2/14/2013 12:50:18 PM
The last Mario Golf game was the GBA game in early 2004. I think over 9 years is a decent enough gap.
#24urmomishawt04Posted 2/14/2013 12:52:34 PM
I've only played one Mario Golf title (GBC).

I'll be buying the 3DS one >_>
---
'97 Camry <3: http://i.imgur.com/nqpyu.png
PSN: D4RK M4R10 / 3DS:: 2191 - 7636 - 8794
#25Final Fantasy2389Posted 2/14/2013 12:53:22 PM
Uhh... RPG elements would be cool but they're not needed if they can provide a solid and fun Mario Golf experience.

Open was okay for a couple days but the game basically came down to who can hit that one white power shot thing first most times. I hope they don't butcher Golf like they did Tennis.
---
Former WWE Diva & BJJ Pink/Blue Belt. Smart. Sexy. Powerful. Eve Torres <3
http://bit.ly/OgORGN | http://bit.ly/MT83UQ
#26BringerOfPiePosted 2/14/2013 1:12:02 PM
Yeah, I don't need the RPG elements. Toadstool Tour was fantastic without RPG elements, and besides, it wasn't the lack of an RPG that killed Tennis Open. It just wasn't a good tennis game compared to the N64 and Gamecube titles.
#27noutBrPosted 2/15/2013 2:12:02 AM(edited)
StarmanJunior posted...
noutBr posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
I groaned and lol'd at the new Mario Golf title. Seriously Nintendo, just let it die. There are way too many golf and tennis games as it is, stopping milking it.

Why make ANY games, we already have plenty of them! Let's stop making movies too because let's face it, we have waaaaay to many movies already!

I could say the same thing about those other genres, unless you think that every golf game takes place on the same courses with the same mechanics? I can understand what you mean about Tennis though because that is a bit different. Still, gameplay is the key element here and if that is changed the whole game essentially changes. There IS a big difference between realistic/simulation and fantasy based sports games, the latter is much more flexible and usually adds some diversity in gameplay modes too.

I have played FIFA with my friends for a long time now and I'll tell you that for competitive play those games changed a lot over the years. Some changes were drastic and others more subtle but they both change the competitive scene consideraly. Just because YOU don't like the games and can't appreciate them doesn't mean they are redundant and should be forgotten.

Don't be shallow and selfish.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#28jedinatPosted 2/15/2013 1:48:21 AM(edited)
urmomishawt04 posted...
I've only played one Mario Golf title (GBC).

I'll be buying the 3DS one >_>

Hopefully it will be like that game, which was amazing... but from the announcement it seemed like we may get Hot Shots Golf: Mario Edition, which would be utter balls...
#29MrSpacelySlatePosted 2/15/2013 7:04:56 PM
StarmanJunior posted...

Congrats, kiddo, you described the entire Mario franchise, Nintendo as a whole, and the entire video game industry.
#30StarmanJuniorPosted 2/15/2013 7:13:06 PM
noutBr posted...
StarmanJunior posted...
noutBr posted...
StarmanJunior posted...

I could say the same thing about those other genres, unless you think that every golf game takes place on the same courses with the same mechanics? I can understand what you mean about Tennis though because that is a bit different. Still, gameplay is the key element here and if that is changed the whole game essentially changes. There IS a big difference between realistic/simulation and fantasy based sports games, the latter is much more flexible and usually adds some diversity in gameplay modes too.

I have played FIFA with my friends for a long time now and I'll tell you that for competitive play those games changed a lot over the years. Some changes were drastic and others more subtle but they both change the competitive scene consideraly. Just because YOU don't like the games and can't appreciate them doesn't mean they are redundant and should be forgotten.

Don't be shallow and selfish.

Well...alrighty then. Feel free to buy it.

I won't.

Because it's golf.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz