Since there making M&L4...

#11StephenYap3Posted 2/14/2013 9:27:53 AM
robinhoek posted...
Robot_Satan posted...
IMO, Superstar Saga>Bowser's Inside Story>Partners in Time, so I'd say you should go for it, definitely

This

This too.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#12fawfulmark2Posted 2/14/2013 9:35:25 AM
nintendo3000 posted...
Why people hate PiT? I always wanted to know.

not really hate,just didn't live up to it's full potential. it never used the DS touchscreen excpet for like 1 or 2 things, and was less funnier then you would expect a game with younger versions of the charcters running around to be.
---
Official Pipo Snake of the PAS board.
#13BringerOfPiePosted 2/14/2013 9:39:14 AM(edited)
PiT is a very good game. But it feels more like a GBA game than a DS game, with the second screen only used as a map and to make the battle screen twice as tall, which is more of an annoyance than a cool feature since that "blind spot" between screens is a factor. The villains are also really unmemorable compared to the instant-classic SS and BIS villain cast. A lot of people don't like the linear world compared to SS and BIS either. Still, PiT is worth playing as long as you still play the other two.
#14MarsfordPosted 2/14/2013 9:49:07 AM
I say no, but most people say yes...so yes?
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#15Caissie07Posted 2/14/2013 9:58:10 AM
I've also been asking myself this question as well. Haven't had much of a chance to jump into the M&L games, and I'd like to start now. Would you have to play them in any specific order? Or does it even matter?
---
Pokemon Black FC: 1721 7998 0962
#16BringerOfPiePosted 2/14/2013 10:07:06 AM
Caissie07 posted...
I've also been asking myself this question as well. Haven't had much of a chance to jump into the M&L games, and I'd like to start now. Would you have to play them in any specific order? Or does it even matter?

I'd start at the beginning. Superstar Saga is not only the most basic, but it's also a phenomenal game that will suck you into the series.

If you can't track down a copy of SS, go for Bowser's Inside Story first. You won't understand the background of the main villain, but that's about it.
#17AnclationPosted 2/14/2013 10:08:00 AM
Definitely, it's my favorite out of the Mario & Luigi games.
#18McMarblesPosted 2/14/2013 10:10:07 AM
nintendo3000 posted...
Why people hate PiT? I always wanted to know.

Too short, not as funny, not enough Fawful, not enough exploration...
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#19ChronoCactaurPosted 2/14/2013 10:48:44 AM
I used to consider SSS, PiT, and BiS a "trilogy".

But, now that M&L4 has been confirmed, I'm going to go ahead and say that the Mario & Luigi games are designed so that both newcomers and veterans can jump in without much trouble. You could play one or two of the older ones, but not playing them won't hinder your experience with the new one.

At the very least, I do recommend getting SuperStar Saga and Bowser's Inside Story, as both are playable on all DS Lite models. You can get copies of both off Amazon for fairly cheap.

If you end up enjoying SSS, PiT is a minor upgrade over it. What I liked about PiT most were the throwbacks to older games, such as the Yoshi's Island segment that SCREAMS nostalgia(They even have Pidgits from SMB2 as enemies!).
---
Pokemon FireRed Playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDsGhOOwIjq6vaKaOtihmDNp7sD26dOG
#20Cookie_AromaPosted 2/14/2013 10:57:31 AM
Bowser's Inside Story is pretty fun, but one problem I had with it is that it had a lack of enemy variety. Most segments only had 2-3 enemy types, which can make the battles get dull pretty quickly.