Forget all the other games, new Mario VS Donkey Kong announced!

#1Puzzles99Posted 2/14/2013 9:32:49 AM
...but it's digital only...
...and no more sprite graphics...
...and the gameplay looks terrible as you only draw maps on the bottom instead of directly drawing into the puzzle screens while active...

Dang it! They ruined my favorite series.
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 2/14/2013 9:38:42 AM
please just get over the lack of sprites already. as evidenced by this and M&L, those days are long gone. small devs might still make them, but time to move on.
#3noutBrPosted 2/14/2013 9:40:16 AM
I stopped caring after the GBA one actually, I just want the gameplay to be as close to the arcade original and the GB version because those are awesome. I have absolutely zero interest in these touch screen and other new ideas they implement, it's not donkey kong gameplay anymore so why not call it something else....
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#4Puzzles99(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:41:48 AM
noutBr posted...
I stopped caring after the GBA one actually, I just want the gameplay to be as close to the arcade original and the GB version because those are awesome. I have absolutely zero interest in these touch screen and other new ideas they implement, it's not donkey kong gameplay anymore so why not call it something else....

I used to think the same thing but Mini Land Mayhem, the last one on the DS, was actually even more enjoyable than MvsDK GBA. Nothing will ever top DK94 though.
#5noutBrPosted 2/14/2013 9:51:53 AM
Puzzles99 posted...
I used to think the same thing but Mini Land Mayhem, the last one on the DS, was actually even more enjoyable than MvsDK GBA. Nothing will ever top DK94 though.

Unfortunately Mini Land Mayhem did nothing for me and the trailer for the 3DS game looks like yet another game that has nothing to do with the original idea. What's the point of bringing out new entries in a franchise if you remove the gameplay that made the originals so great in the first place?
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#6keyblader1985Posted 2/14/2013 10:25:57 AM
The toys have been a vital part of the series since the first "Mario vs. Donkey Kong." Granted the first one still had the original '94 style of gameplay, but why would they suddenly change the gameplay after three similar titles?

The Minis are the series now; deal with it. The first MvDK was just basically a remake of the original game, and from there the Minis became the focus.
---
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
#7CubeTVPosted 2/14/2013 11:14:27 AM
Something odd I noticed...

It's called Mario AND Donkey Kong... There's no more "vs" in the title. Is their rivalry actually over? Are they both teaming up now against some new big bad?
---
YouTube: www.Youtube.com/AdNintendogs
#8Mario maniacPosted 2/14/2013 11:33:09 AM
CubeTV posted...
Something odd I noticed...

It's called Mario AND Donkey Kong... There's no more "vs" in the title. Is their rivalry actually over? Are they both teaming up now against some new big bad?

According to the European Direct, Pauline and DK teamed up to create an amusement park or something for Mario. No antagonists this time, unless DK flips out at the end.
---
Yessss! Shake that thorax!
PSN: Zath84 Xbox Live: Wario waniac
#9Neo1661Posted 2/14/2013 11:36:17 AM
All these new mario games coming out in the summer......doesn't sound good. Sounds like they could be rush jobs.
---
http://s18.postimage.org/4kafdm0rt/307312_512235452175865_131213131_n.jpg
#10ChronoCactaurPosted 2/14/2013 11:44:50 AM
Eh, this is Minis March Again all over again. Wait a couple years and we'll get an upgraded retail release.

Mini-Land Mayhem was beast.
---
Pokemon FireRed Playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaDsGhOOwIjq6vaKaOtihmDNp7sD26dOG