New console decision

#1RanggikuPosted 2/14/2013 8:33:54 AM
Hey guys,
I've been thinking on buying a 3DS or a Vita for quite some time to play when i'm travelling for and from school and i'm trying to make a decision, but i have some questions about the system.
So i've seen the last nintendo direct and i might be interested in buying the 3DS XL fire emblem bundle since i live in europe. Also, i would like to benefit from that free game promotion.
So what i am asking is, if i buy the fire emblem bundle, it will come with a 4GB SD card with fire emblem on it probbly, but i will probably not have space for the 3D Mario that is free if i also buy luigi's retail copy.
-So can i buy a bigger SD card, like a 32 GB and put all the games there? Also, is there some account (like steam) where the games you don't have installed on your system (or SD card) are kept and ready to download when you want? (It would be cool, so i could use the 4 GB card for some time while i get money for a bigger one)
-Also, i'm looking for a system that have games that i can play for quite some time. That's why i'm still thinking on the Vita (big Final Fantasy fan). What games would you recommend?
-Is it true that besides buying the console, you have to buy a charger on separate?
-I've been looking at the new release of Pokemon (a game i liked a lot when i was 10-12). Now i am 22 and in university. Do you think its a bit weird for a guy of my age to play the game?

Thanks for reading and the help ^^ (sorry for grammar mistakes, i'm Portuguese)
#2pikachupwnagePosted 2/14/2013 8:41:40 AM
Ranggiku posted...
Hey guys,
I've been thinking on buying a 3DS or a Vita for quite some time to play when i'm travelling for and from school and i'm trying to make a decision, but i have some questions about the system.
So i've seen the last nintendo direct and i might be interested in buying the 3DS XL fire emblem bundle since i live in europe. Also, i would like to benefit from that free game promotion.
So what i am asking is, if i buy the fire emblem bundle, it will come with a 4GB SD card with fire emblem on it probbly, but i will probably not have space for the 3D Mario that is free if i also buy luigi's retail copy.
-So can i buy a bigger SD card, like a 32 GB and put all the games there? Also, is there some account (like steam) where the games you don't have installed on your system (or SD card) are kept and ready to download when you want? (It would be cool, so i could use the 4 GB card for some time while i get money for a bigger one)
-Also, i'm looking for a system that have games that i can play for quite some time. That's why i'm still thinking on the Vita (big Final Fantasy fan). What games would you recommend?
-Is it true that besides buying the console, you have to buy a charger on separate?
-I've been looking at the new release of Pokemon (a game i liked a lot when i was 10-12). Now i am 22 and in university. Do you think its a bit weird for a guy of my age to play the game?

Thanks for reading and the help ^^ (sorry for grammar mistakes, i'm Portuguese)

3DS has plenty long lasting games and yes you can use memory cards up to 32GB(though its possible to get up to 128GB working)

Long lasting 3DS games include

Out now

Kid icarus uprising
Fire emblem awakening
Devil survivor overclocked
Theathrythm final fantasy
Pushmo/Crashmo
etc.

Out in the future

Animal crossing(june 9)
Monster hunter 3 ultimate(march 19th)
Pokemon XY(october)
Etrain oddessey IV(feb 26th)
etc.

The seperate charger thing is only true for certain countries and only true for the XL. Not sure how it is with portugal.
---
Pokemon generation six! All aboard the hype train! http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd101/Mauduin2/HypeTrain.png Walhart-Low prices. Everyday. On Everything
#3AE_Posted 2/14/2013 8:48:45 AM
i just recently bought a 3ds XL, and i though it was a 4gb card, came with mario kart pre-installed, and got the mario 3d land code too. i still have alot of space in the card, don't know how to check individually, but i have about all the demos i could get, plus a couple downloaded games and still have 14000 blocks.

regarding the games, its a matter of opinion, but i find the first half of 2013 beeing phenomenal for the 3DS. Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion, Code of Princess, Fire Emblem... plus the Mario & Luigi RPG and other stuff announced on Nintendo Direct.
Not heard much about the Vita, but from what ive read, they are reeeeaaally short on games.

I think on the XL it is, i was pretty amazed when i opened up the box and it didn't have the charger, needed to drive back to the shop to get one... pretty meh

I think its a bit weird you asking if its OK to play the game. if you like it, play it... I'm 28, don't really care for Pokemon really, but to each their own.

If you are Portuguese i don't think you get that free game promo, it ended Jan 15 for EU.

ps. tb sou portugues.
#4Ranggiku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:59:26 AM
Thanks for the answers.
The thing with the SD card is..i really like to have lots of games on the console ready to play and i really don't like to be switching cartridges and all.. I also would like to buy some eshop games like the wario collection.. So i think i'll be better with a 32 GB SD card if it is possible. I'l just keep the 4 GB while i don't have money for the other. you can move games from card to card right?
I know the promotion ended for EU last month, you received the game when you purchased the console, but they just announced on nintendo direct that if you buy a console with luigi's mansion 2 you would get a free game..I just hope that happens here in Europe.
The charger thing is really annoying, yes, almost 20 euros, pfff...
I don't play pokemon since a really long time ago, i just find it a pretty big game that would take me a lot of time to get bored of..
Thanks again for the answers ^^
#5AE_Posted 2/14/2013 9:11:35 AM
i think we wont get that promotion, NA didn't have the promotion EU had. it was announced on NA direct, and not on EU so i wouldn't count on it.

I bought a charger for 10 euros.

i don't think you would need another card anytime soon, i have 2 retail games installed, i think Mario Kart is around 1gb, and Super Mario 3D land is around 500mb.
11 demos, Resident Evil one beeing quite big, and Pushmo eshop title, and Nintendo Video, and still have around 2gb free. whenever you do, you can easily transfer the data by draging and droping between 2 sd cards.
#6Ranggiku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:22:52 AM
You're probably right... :7 I'll just get Kid Icarus or NSMB2 with the bundle then..
Also, is it possible to buy DS games on the eshop for the 3DS?
Thanks again ^^
#7AE_Posted 2/14/2013 9:39:34 AM
Only dsware, not retail ds games. You could just go flashcard for ds, dont know if mentioning it is frowned upon here, but whatever..

Hope you like the 3ds if you end up buying it.
#8Wekos1187Posted 2/14/2013 9:44:56 AM
Wait you don't get a charger? Doesn't make much sense.
#9Ranggiku(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:48:24 AM
You don't XD really doens't make sense...