How hyped are you for Mario & Luigi: Dream Team?

#61wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:04:17 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Super Slash posted...

Yeah, but my point was that many people thought before the game came out that the brothers never left Bowser's body. They were proven wrong. It's very possible Luigi will be playable in some form, otherwise I doubt there'd be both brothers on the field.

If you played as both Mario and Luigi they would most likely show it at least in battle.
The only time they really show both brothers together not in some special power type aspect is when they show them in the town. So it's very possible the town is used for items and stuff, and you do a lot of the battle inside luigi's dream.

They obviously wanted to show off the dream gameplay more.

Look at this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWNQ-i2VIV0&feature=player_detailpage#t=72s

There's clearly an enemy there in the 3D world, outside of Luigi's Dreams.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#62YamiYugi4400Posted 2/14/2013 5:06:51 PM
wiiking96 posted...
YamiYugi4400 posted...
Super Slash posted...

Yeah, but my point was that many people thought before the game came out that the brothers never left Bowser's body. They were proven wrong. It's very possible Luigi will be playable in some form, otherwise I doubt there'd be both brothers on the field.

If you played as both Mario and Luigi they would most likely show it at least in battle.
The only time they really show both brothers together not in some special power type aspect is when they show them in the town. So it's very possible the town is used for items and stuff, and you do a lot of the battle inside luigi's dream.

They obviously wanted to show off the dream gameplay more.

Look at this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWNQ-i2VIV0&feature=player_detailpage#t=72s

There's clearly an enemy there in the 3D world, outside of Luigi's Dreams.

Valid point. Though who's to say the overworld enemies actually battle you?

Guess we won't really know until Nintendo starts giving us some real damn info. Hopefully it will have both Mario and Luigi in battle normally, it would be stupid if they don't
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#63wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:11:56 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...

You are being way to skeptical. BIS manages to have two different battle styles, why wouldn't this one? The change is also much less significant.

Guess we won't really know until Nintendo starts giving us some real damn info.

So basically: Stop making ridiculous assumptions.
---
#64HungoverHero777Posted 2/14/2013 5:12:11 PM
It was also a nice surprise that we could possibly get it this summer! I say possibly because we know how Ninty is with delays...
---
Ideas for Crash Bandicoot Returns: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/64976858
Best JSR theme IMO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxllvjUo2k
#65SSJ4CHRISPosted 2/14/2013 5:14:17 PM
I'm kinda interested, but the way they keep trying to make games look like super mario world with the map is kinda off-putting.

Do they really think that making every game have that element will make sales jump in western countries?

And the real luigi isn't even in the game? Plus it looks like a platformer more than an RPG.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#66wisemiddsPosted 2/14/2013 5:16:02 PM
It looks terrible- awfull art style and the gameplay just doesn't do it for me. Will stick with Paper Mario.
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
XBL, PSN: wisemidds
#67DarthFloatyPosted 2/14/2013 5:16:11 PM
I'll preorder it. Love this series, and the game looks just fantastic. Loving the visuals. I'll preorder.
#68wiiking96(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:22:36 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
I'm kinda interested, but the way they keep trying to make games look like super mario world with the map is kinda off-putting.

Do they really think that making every game have that element will make sales jump in western countries?

And the real luigi isn't even in the game? Plus it looks like a platformer more than an RPG.

What map?
---
#69Super SlashPosted 2/14/2013 5:35:43 PM
YamiYugi4400 posted...

Huh? They wouldn't put enemies on the overworld if you don't fight them.
#70Super SlashPosted 2/14/2013 5:36:16 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Plus it looks like a platformer more than an RPG.

All of the M&L games have platformer elements.