Mario Golf is the real story here, people.

#1FF_FiendPosted 2/14/2013 1:21:00 PM
You're all so blown away by Mario and Luigi 4 and DKCR-another-port-for-the-3DS-that-you've-already-played that you're ignoring the best game series ever.

What TOOK them so long to revive Mario Golf?! I was so confused that it wasn't made for Wii and DS!

Now...the question is...will they revive the old RPG mode of the GBC and GBA games or will they take the craptastic route that is Mario Tennis for 3DS?
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
PSN ID: Call_Me_Queequeg
#2SakurafanboyPosted 2/14/2013 1:21:45 PM
I'm waiting for Baseball and Strikers, Nintendo.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#3fissionprimerPosted 2/14/2013 1:22:57 PM
Ugh, sorry but i hate golf games.

Im waiting for Golden Sun stupid Camelor, why make us wait so much and with a cliffhanger?
---
obvious sticky (;
#4TerotrousPosted 2/14/2013 1:23:45 PM
I noted Mario Golf as among the best things to come out of the conference.

Though to be honest, Camelot's last golf game, We Love Golf, was absolutely terrible. It was significantly worse than Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, which already has quite a long way to go to catch up to the amazing Super Swing Golf. It'll be interesting to see if they can get it right again this time.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5SosdocPosted 2/14/2013 1:27:28 PM
Has it got an rpg-like single player? Like the gba one.

If that's the case I'd probably get it, otherwise, meh.
#6TerotrousPosted 2/14/2013 1:29:07 PM
We don't know but it doesn't look like it.

Seriously though, Toadstool Tour is much better than Mario Golf GBC or GBA. It's only the Tennis games that desperately need the RPG mechanics because Tennis is otherwise super repetitive.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#7FF_Fiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:31:46 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Ugh, sorry but i hate golf games.

Im waiting for Golden Sun stupid Camelor, why make us wait so much and with a cliffhanger?

Because Dark Dawn was horrible in every way.

Oh, and I hated golf games too. In fact, I hated golf. Then I played Mario Golf GBC when I was like 10. And now I'm obsessed with golf - but most notably, cartoony and unrealistic golf games like Hot Shots.

That said, if you hate golf, just give the old Mario Golf's a try (at least the GBC and GBA versions). They have a pretty extensive RPG mode. And at least stylistically, it's very similar to the GBA Golden Sun games, which I loved. I guarantee if you play a few rounds of it, you'll want to play nothing else for a long, long time.
---
Playing: Mass Effect Trilogy (PS3), Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS), Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational (Vita)
#8FF_Fiend(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:33:38 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...

Big, big no to sluggers, which was awful. Skill was completely out the window in that game with random hazards that at its best just completely favored the opposing team.

However, Strikers. Yes, yes, and more yes. Just fix that bug that was present in the Wii version where you could teleport through the goalie using boo. Not that I didn't abuse the hell out of that.
---
#9SnackasaurusPosted 2/14/2013 1:40:58 PM
Yeah I've been seeing ports all over the place for the 3DS these days.

Anyway, Mario golf should be good. Even if it lacks content like Mario Tennis it should be more bearable since golf is just a MUCH longer game to play.
#10SakurafanboyPosted 2/14/2013 1:43:51 PM
FF_Fiend posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...

Big, big no to sluggers, which was awful. Skill was completely out the window in that game with random hazards that at its best just completely favored the opposing team.

However, Strikers. Yes, yes, and more yes. Just fix that bug that was present in the Wii version where you could teleport through the goalie using boo. Not that I didn't abuse the hell out of that.

Meh, I like baseball so getting another Mario Sluggers would be nice.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!