Mario Golf is the real story here, people.

#31StarmanJuniorPosted 2/14/2013 6:45:51 PM
FF_Fiend posted...
You're all so blown away by Mario and Luigi 4 and DKCR-another-port-for-the-3DS-that-you've-already-played that you're ignoring the best game series ever.

What TOOK them so long to revive Mario Golf?! I was so confused that it wasn't made for Wii and DS!

Now...the question is...will they revive the old RPG mode of the GBC and GBA games or will they take the craptastic route that is Mario Tennis for 3DS?

while I agree it's a bit more immersive than Tennis...why in the holy mother of buttcracks do we need another Mario Golf game? THERES SO MANY! It's just Nintendo trying to milk your pockets. Again and again and again and again. I'm sure there'll be Mario Golf and Tennis for the Wii U as well fairly soon.
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#32BrianCraigSmithPosted 2/14/2013 7:29:13 PM
fissionprimer posted...
Im waiting for Golden Sun stupid Camelot, why make us wait so much and with a cliffhanger?

The GBA golf game isn't bad, but I wish they would've announced the sequel to Golden Sun: Dark Dawn instead. Then I'll have 3 RPGs to get for my 3DS: Fire Emblem, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and Dark Dawn sequel.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
3DS: 1263-5501-9059
#33TerotrousPosted 2/14/2013 8:03:35 PM
DBZ_Dave posted...
Excuse me but where is the love for the N64 mario golf???

Its the first one i played and i still have nightmares about trying to beat the cheater known as Metal Mario.

It was good for its time but Mario Golf TT is better in every way.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#34RazumPosted 2/14/2013 8:14:32 PM(edited)
The Mario Golf games have all been a blast to play, so I'm likely to buy it regardless, however 2 things will seal this games greatness.

1) Return of the RPG mode from the GBC and GBA versions (seriously, that was incredibly fun). My worry is that it wasn't in the Mario Tennis 3DS title despite being in the GBA tennis title.

2) Online mode. Yes, I know it would be full of rage quitting, but I'd still love to play others online.

StarmanJunior posted...
while I agree it's a bit more immersive than Tennis...why in the holy mother of buttcracks do we need another Mario Golf game? THERES SO MANY! It's just Nintendo trying to milk your pockets. Again and again and again and again. I'm sure there'll be Mario Golf and Tennis for the Wii U as well fairly soon.

There's a total of 4 Mario Golf games out right now (GBC, GBA, N64, GC). The first 2 released in about 1999, the next to in roughly 2004. Keep in mind that the GBC/GBA connected to the N64/GC titles respectively, so they released together.

So we've got a total of 5 titles in 13 or so years. How is that too many?
---
UMvC 3 Team:
Haggar/P.Wright/Spencer
#35luigi33Posted 2/14/2013 8:48:36 PM
Now...the question is...will they revive the old RPG mode of the GBC and GBA games

*looks at Mario Tennis*

Nope.
---
Specs: [Intel i5 3570k] [16GB DDR3] [GA-Z77X-UD3H]
[CM Hyper 212+] [GTX 560ti]
#36iMURDAuPosted 2/14/2013 9:36:25 PM

I haven't seen a new one for sale since the GBA version. Now I'll just say there hasn't been a proper 2D Metroid since that system either but that's another topic. I could understand the complaint if there was Mario Golf on EITHER of the last gen Nintendo systems but there wasn't.

And really for me Advance Tour didn't do anything that the GBC version didn't also do. I felt like I was replaying the same game. So my last "new" Mario Golf was Toadstool Tour.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#37StarmanJuniorPosted 2/14/2013 10:26:10 PM
It's golf!
---
It's been a long time, Buzz Buzz
#38SakurafanboyPosted 2/14/2013 10:27:34 PM
MrAntike184 posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
I'm waiting for Baseball and Strikers, Nintendo.

They need to save some mario series for the rest of the 3DS lifespan.

They have

Party
Strikers
Baseball

In reserve.

Uh I think thats it as we already have these out or announced

Kart
3D mario
2D mario
Paper mario
Mario and luigi
Tennis
Golf

You forgot the possibility of another "hoops" game or another Mario Sport Mix.

Would get all of my dollars.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#39ssbmrocksPosted 2/14/2013 10:38:27 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
I'm waiting for Baseball and Strikers, Nintendo.

This. I loved Superstar Baseball on the Gamecube, my friends played the crap out of it. My friend got Super Sluggers, and I just hate the controls, it's almost unplayable to me. Bring a new Baseball game without crappy controls and I'll be happy.

Strikers Charged was awesome, let's get more of that. And more hilarious character stuff (Waluigi crotch chop anyone?)
---
Them ain't your funyuns, them's Foxxy's funyuns.