Downloading from the eshop

#1oORyuumaruOoPosted 2/14/2013 1:22:43 PM
Depending on the answers I get, I may or may not purchase Fire Emblem: Awakening from the eShop. So, I want to ask: as a first time customer, is there an account I can create to re-download games if my current system were to be replaced? For example, PSN and XLive.

Please explain in detail.
---
Kojima Productions must reboot Tenchu!
#2fissionprimerPosted 2/14/2013 1:23:54 PM
No you cant
---
obvious sticky (;
#3oORyuumaruOo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:26:03 PM
fissionprimer posted...
No you cant

er...okay, so you mean if my system breaks with whatever games I've bought and downloaded, I can't transfer to a new one?
---
#4EnclavePosted 2/14/2013 1:26:12 PM
Don't buy it from the eShop. It's just a way for Nintendo to rip you off by letting you rent the game for the full cost of buying the game.

It's tied directly to your system and there's no account system in place. Don't give Nintendo your hard earned cash by buying it digitally. Buy the actual cart and screw Nintendo and their crap online services.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#5scigeek101Posted 2/14/2013 1:28:09 PM
The answer is no*.

*its possible but requires contacting customer service and is very inconvenient, also there are no guarantees that you will get your games back. Basically if you break your system and you want the stuff transferred you will have to send it in to Nintendo on your own dime, if its stolen you will have to send a police report.

Basically don't download any game for 3ds that you can get at retail, there is no reason to.

Fire Emblem should become easier to find once Nintendo fixes their shipping and stocking problem, the game has been very popular and I think they will print more copies soon.
---
If you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.
Harry Truman.
#6fissionprimerPosted 2/14/2013 1:29:01 PM
oORyuumaruOo posted...
fissionprimer posted...
No you cant

er...okay, so you mean if my system breaks with whatever games I've bought and downloaded, I can't transfer to a new one?

As i heard you cant, there is no account system.

Maybe you can transfer the game from your SD card to another 3DS, but im really not sure about this.
---
obvious sticky (;
#7oORyuumaruOo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 1:33:46 PM
scigeek101 posted...
The answer is no*.

*its possible but requires contacting customer service and is very inconvenient, also there are no guarantees that you will get your games back. Basically if you break your system and you want the stuff transferred you will have to send it in to Nintendo on your own dime, if its stolen you will have to send a police report.

Basically don't download any game for 3ds that you can get at retail, there is no reason to.

Fire Emblem should become easier to find once Nintendo fixes their shipping and stocking problem, the game has been very popular and I think they will print more copies soon.

Well, I guess it makes more sense to wait then. Thank you to all who replied :)
---