Whose greed is greater?

#21cymanxPosted 2/14/2013 5:02:13 PM
Oh, there is no question about this... In my experience of working as a bagger, it would easily be the consumer. The consumer is greedy, offensive, and pulls up infront of you as though they were driving a sports car. These people are absolutely horrible, and if you don't pucker and kiss their butts, they take your job.

Atleast with Nintendo, you don't have to put up with their BS and simply boycott them if you detest them. But you can't boycott consumers, the one reason the economy is so bad.
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#22Zero_ManiacPosted 2/14/2013 5:04:59 PM
TinyTim123 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Where the hell is the neither option? You think WE'RE greedy? I'm not denying the fact that we are, but look at Nintendo. Charging 2.99 for $1 games, no account based system so that you have to buy all your digital titles all over again if your 3DS breaks, etc.

Basically, Everyone is greedy.

All of your other points are valid, except buying all your digital content if your 3DS breaks.

Send your system in to Nintendo if it breaks. Even at $80 out of warranty, it is still less expensive than buying either a used or a new one right now, and you get to keep your digital content.

Also, I am greedy. I just let it act as a major part of my personality and let it ruin my day if I don't get everything for free.
It';s certainly nifty if I DO get things for free, though.

True you could just send it in if it's not that severe, but what if you lose it?
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.
#23TinyTim123Posted 2/14/2013 7:08:40 PM
Zero_Maniac posted...
TinyTim123 posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Where the hell is the neither option? You think WE'RE greedy? I'm not denying the fact that we are, but look at Nintendo. Charging 2.99 for $1 games, no account based system so that you have to buy all your digital titles all over again if your 3DS breaks, etc.

Basically, Everyone is greedy.

All of your other points are valid, except buying all your digital content if your 3DS breaks.

Send your system in to Nintendo if it breaks. Even at $80 out of warranty, it is still less expensive than buying either a used or a new one right now, and you get to keep your digital content.

Also, I am greedy. I just let it act as a major part of my personality and let it ruin my day if I don't get everything for free.
It';s certainly nifty if I DO get things for free, though.

True you could just send it in if it's not that severe, but what if you lose it?

Even if it is that severe, let's say your kid or your brother threw it out the window of a moving vehicle, as long as your SN can be recognized, it may be more than $80 to "repair" but you still get your data. Nintendo has access to your "account" even if we can't call it an account. But yeah if you lose it, you are screwed. And in most cases you were irresponsible. I say most because I can understand the cases where it falls out of your pocket onto the seat of an airplane, and you don't realize until after you have disembarked, then, I feel bad for you.
The fact that Nintendo can restore your content if you have a police report leads me to believe they just want to monopolize the repair / replacement market.

On the other hand, while Sony may have an account system, the fact that they can lock you from it for any or no reason at all (it's in their Terms of Service) kinda sucks. A lot. Also against Sony on this one, you have to send your receipt in with your product for warranty service, at least in the case of the Vita (despite it being a year warranty and the Vita not even having been released for a year worldwide at that point). With Nintendo, they kinda somehow just know.
I make sure to put a piece of clear packing tape on my Vita and 3DS serial number to prevent any kind of SN loss. It happened on my original DSLite, so now I take precautions.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#24dillo9000Posted 2/14/2013 7:28:51 PM
Sorry, Microsoft, Capcom, Square-Enix, and EA sweep with this one.
---
Can't wait for: Persona 5, Pikmin 3, SSB4
Currently playing: Persona 4 Arena, Persona 3 FES, Sonic Adventure
#25mralspspPosted 2/14/2013 11:52:08 PM
Consumers are the greediest ones big time.
---
3DS XL (blue) 0645-6929-4999: Mr.AlXLB
PSN (Vita & PS3): syscoman
#26SMASHKING84Posted 2/15/2013 12:00:51 AM
nintendo,common sense really.
without us nintendo would still be a trading card company so it owes us.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#27SMASHKING84Posted 2/15/2013 12:12:16 AM
darkstar4221 posted...
Greed wouldn't be an issue if piracy was legal like it is in China. Well piracy isn't legal but it is morally ethical in China.

In China they sell Blu-Ray movies for 50 cents and Xbox 360 games for $1. Despite piracy being morally ethical in China, consoles video games are still banned there. Oh the irony.

EDIT: If only the Chinese government would lift the ban and allow console manufacturers to sell their systems there. I know I would be importing my games from China. God damn the Chinese government lift the ban already, the video game market needs China.

i think they're are cases were you can argue that piracy isn't immoral.

1.you already own the game and just watch a second copy alot of people like SSoHPKC record romhacks and it makes them money you cannot do this with a retail copy(which is why they're called rom hacks)
2.the game is no longer available for purchase at any major retailer. if you bought say earthbound on amazon nintendo wouldn't recieve even ONE cent of that money you spent on it. so you buying it legally used is the same as piracy to publishers(wrong,imo)

3.finally is what i like the call the supply and demand f***s new adapters effect.
You want to buy radiant historia new,to support atlus? better be ready throw upwards of 300 dollars at it. The sad thing is your not supporting them as much as you think. the most they'll ever get out of a single copy of the game,is the msrp.

all of this could easily be fixed if EVERY game was available for dig download(as well as retail in some cases) it wouldn't kill piracy but it'd help slow it down a lot.

I mean game piracy is the most frequent type of piracy and it's also the most drm filled b.s it's not a coincidence more drm=more piracy
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#28viajarvPosted 2/15/2013 1:02:31 AM
Who is greedier. One who catches them all, or one who tells one to catch them all?
#29AuthorNumber2Posted 2/15/2013 11:54:59 AM
IAznDragonI Yan posted...
the Greeeds are more greedy.

I see what you did there. *looks to see if anybody else gets OOO reference*
#30UltimateKaibaPosted 2/15/2013 11:58:31 AM
Haven't you seen the movie "Wall Street"

"Greed is good"- Gordon Gecko
---
"As much as I hate getting involved, I hate owing someone a favor even more"-Seto Kaiba
PSN/XBL- Setobakura