So umm...any words on an Advance Wars game for 3DS in the plans?

#1G1ingyPosted 2/14/2013 7:04:22 PM
Every handheld console by Nintendo has had an Advance Wars game, it's almost like a tradition.

Is there any such game for the 3DS planned? It's almost been a year or more already.
#2JackalfoxPosted 2/14/2013 9:31:56 PM
They haven't said anything, but I'll be surprised if the 3DS ends up not getting a new Advance Wars game. I think that for now, the closest thing is Ghost Recon, though I can't attest to that as I have yet to play it myself.
---
Now Playing - Pokemon HeartGold (360), Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days (DS)
#3Justice98405Posted 2/14/2013 9:55:31 PM
Well, Fire Emblem: Awakening is now out all over, and that's from Intelligent Systems, the same people that also make the Advance Wars games.

So I certainly hope we get another game in the series, for either the 3DS and/or the Wii U. I love the series, and would easily welcome a new addition.

We'll just have to wait and see though.
---
To the mattresses.
PSN: Justice_98405, Xbox Live: Justice98405
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 2/14/2013 10:09:56 PM
There has been nothing but silence on the Advance Wars front since IS announced that they'd cancelled the release of AW4 in Japan.

Still hoping.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5WRRYYYYersPosted 2/14/2013 10:15:13 PM
series is dead because the fans had no taste and hated DoR.
---
Emperor Kanji Approved Smashtastic Swag Style
http://i.imgur.com/5E48Z.png
#6Xenesis XenonPosted 2/14/2013 10:19:01 PM
WRRYYYYers posted...
series is dead because the fans had no taste and hated DoR.

Oh jeez.

Half the fan response to that game was awful and pathetic. Beyond the poor map selection used for Random Wifi, it has such a vastly improved gameplay over the rest of the series I honestly don't get why people hated it.

It was amazeballs.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#7G1ingy(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:39:43 PM(edited)
DoR wasn't that bad...although it definitely was flawed in a lot of areas.

MOST theme music for the CO's weren't as memorable as the previous series'. While the antagonists were kinda interesting, the main characters for the most part were pretty boring outside of the red head and her sniper partner, except those two didn't get much moments for themselves.

In the gameplay end of things, the influence of CO's were greatly reduced, which is what hurt the game the most imo. The ability to man a unit with a CO is a neat concept, but it makes absolutely no sense when said unit dies.

On the other hand...Will>>>>>>>>>>english localization of Jake.

edit: derp, I meant Jake, not Colin.
#8Barrylocke89Posted 2/14/2013 11:21:00 PM
I hear Days of Ruin had more popularity over in Europe. Personally it's my second favorite AW game after Black Hole Rising. I was glad that Nintendo tried to do something fresh with the series, especially since the CO list was getting VERY large by Dual Strike.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/barrylocke
#9Xenesis XenonPosted 2/14/2013 11:21:02 PM
G1ingy posted...
In the gameplay end of things, the influence of CO's were greatly reduced, which is what hurt the game the most imo.

That's a commonly held belief, but it's not true. The CO Zone system basically made COs and what abilities they had more important than ever.
---
#10COAndyPosted 2/14/2013 11:23:43 PM
my biggest beef with DoR was that it was insultingly easy. Granted I've been playing for years, but the game didnt offer a bit of challenge until the final 3 levels, and even those could be beaten with minimal planning. Fun game though.
---
But you will remember this, a tragedy started with just one kiss http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/4185/groupshot2editedbwtext.jpg