Is it me or is Nintendo ramping up development

#1andizzle29662Posted 2/14/2013 8:23:14 PM
The last year and this year is crazy full of 1st party games.

Last year we had: kid Icarus, mario tennis, professor Layton(published by them), style savy, mario party 9, pokepark 2, rythumn heaven fever, xenoblade, paper mario, new super mario Bros 2

This year we got/ getting: fire emblem, luigi mansion 2, pokemon mystery dungeon, pokemon x and y, mario golf, mario and luigi, Dillion Rolling western 2, animal crossing, pikmin 3, mario kart u, Wii fit u, game and mario, wind waker HD, epic yoshi.

That's alot of great 1st party games.
---
Everyone subscribe to pure Nintendo magazine! It rocks!
#2legendarylemurPosted 2/14/2013 8:24:42 PM
Well they do have a lot of teams
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#3Solid_SOAPPosted 2/14/2013 8:29:40 PM
Yeah, honestly, they're coming out with so much I have no idea how I'm going to afford it all. They all look great too, not cash-in titles like NSMBU or Four Swords, Nintendo are pushing out full games that seem to have a lot of passion and art put into them. Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2, Yoshi Yarn, Wind Waker HD, etc all just look fantastic and wonderful. I'm very impressed.
#4deimos91Posted 2/14/2013 8:30:23 PM
Solid_SOAP posted...
Yeah, honestly, they're coming out with so much I have no idea how I'm going to afford it all. They all look great too, not cash-in titles like NSMBU or Four Swords, Nintendo are pushing out full games that seem to have a lot of passion and art put into them. Fire Emblem Awakening, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion 2, Yoshi Yarn, Wind Waker HD, etc all just look fantastic and wonderful. I'm very impressed.

NSMBU Cashin not sure if troll or....
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#5Solid_SOAPPosted 2/14/2013 8:34:40 PM
The NSMB games are fun but are blatantly easy to make as they all share similar or the same assets throughout their games, hearkening back to the first one on the DS. They're fun, good games, but they aren't anything particularly memorable or unique, thus "cash-in".
#6RazieruPosted 2/14/2013 8:37:57 PM
deimos91 posted...

It doesn't take a scholar to realize this. Well apparently it does. What else do you call the SAME run-of-the-mill and milked to death concept spread across three different games and systems?
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#7robinhoekPosted 2/14/2013 10:49:30 PM
Razieru posted...
deimos91 posted...

It doesn't take a scholar to realize this. Well apparently it does. What else do you call the SAME run-of-the-mill and milked to death concept spread across three different games and systems?

A great installment in a series of games that still easily tops all other platformers.
#8RazieruPosted 2/14/2013 11:03:19 PM
robinhoek posted...
Razieru posted...
deimos91 posted...

A great installment in a series of games that still easily tops all other platformers.

Yeah, if you count people like you who blindly praise and throw your money away at them.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#9robinhoekPosted 2/14/2013 11:05:23 PM
Razieru posted...
robinhoek posted...
Razieru posted...
deimos91 posted...

Yeah, if you count people like you who blindly praise and throw your money away at them.

I don't blindly praise them. I actually played the game. Platforming excellence.
#10GiygasminionPosted 2/14/2013 11:09:14 PM
NSMB2 is very mediocre, but NSMBU is actually pretty good. Probably the best 2d Mario since World.
---
NN ID: Achilles11
http://backloggery.com/schamman89