So, a free game with the purchase of an XL. You know what this means don't you?

#1Sirian_HawkPosted 2/14/2013 10:06:48 PM
New 3DS model unveiled at E3.

Think about it. People go out and buy a bunch of XLs to take advantage of the promotion, and then a few months later, Miyamoto comes out on stage and announces an awesome new model. Then everyone who just bought one is like "****! Now I have to buy that one too!" and Miyamoto just stands with his best troll face on.
---
Sure sign you are a nerd: The beginning of AC/DCs "Thunderstruck" always makes you think of Lion-O swinging his sword around.
#2oldhbk76Posted 2/14/2013 10:09:25 PM
I`m hoping so, I skipped XL, but if it doesnt have a second analog I might get an XL
---
gamer tag SteelWolf76: 3ds fc: 5086-0928-4789
#3xLexLuth0rxPosted 2/14/2013 10:12:06 PM
Never actually thought about that. I find it hard seeing them release yet another version this soon but crazier things have happened.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
Nintendo Network ID - LexLuth0r (please add me)
#4adonfrazPosted 2/14/2013 10:18:53 PM
Maybe, but I think Nintendo is going to focus mostly on the Wii U at E3.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#5cymanxPosted 2/14/2013 11:07:53 PM
I can't imagine them doing this, but mostly because this version is already good. I don't really know what they could add to it, except for GBA compatibility probably. It has a bigger battery, bigger screens w. anti-glare treatment... There is nothing else they can do to improve the 3DS and it's too new for them to unveil a new handheld. I DO think they are trying to boost 3DS XL console and game sales.

I can't really see Nintendo coming out with a new 3DS model. If they make the new model any bigger then the XL, it is going to officially earn weapon status to the point that people will be beating each other to death with their new 3DS 2XL or 3XL. It is already massively improved with bigger screens, anti-glare treatment, upgraded memory, more efficient battery... Seriously, there is NOTHING else that they can do for the 3DS.

What it is, is that the Nintendo 3DS XL just came out and they are likely looking for a reason to give people more incentive to buy one. They might also be looking to boost 3DS game sales, things of this sort. If they manage to upgrade the 3DS any further without turning it into a weapon of mass destruction, I'm going to be shocked truthfully speaking. But if they do, we can be sure of one, they are definitely men, only a guy would think "It isn't powerful and outragious yet."
---
"Staying dead." can you imagine?
#6RazieruPosted 2/14/2013 11:24:01 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
New 3DS model unveiled at E3.

Well THIS goes without saying.

Think about it. People go out and buy a bunch of XLs to take advantage of the promotion, and then a few months later, Miyamoto comes out on stage and announces an awesome new model.

I'm going to have to say no **** Sherlock here, and not in a rude tone. I mean think about it. There have been a plethora of sales and deals on this low budget thing at the end of last year, up to now. Then they throw this "promotion" in. It's not hard to put the puzzle pieces together in this situation.

Then everyone who just bought one is like "****! Now I have to buy that one too!" and Miyamoto just stands with his best troll face on.

Looks like someone other than myself is actually thinking here. If you couldn't see the obvious, then....

Eh, but I saw this coming ages ago. Look at this severely overpriced budget system, and look at all this hustling Nintendo is doing since the end of last year just to try and get one of those things into everyone's palms. I'm just still laughing, and playing Nintendo's last great hand held, the DSi XL.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.