Another trade-off choice to make...help?

#1PuddingchanPosted 2/14/2013 11:19:39 PM
While I'm waiting for the Pink 3DS XL to be available here, I am thinking if I should actually buy a US Set or a Local Set.

Basically, the local set is the same as US set, but does not come with Club Nintendo card (just because the distributor seemingly think we don't really need it, and it feels like a rip-off sometimes as we don't really get any loyalty programmes otherwise here). It however comes with a compatible official charger (since US uses the 110V but we here use 220V/240V) and 1 year warranty. On the other hand, if I were to get a US set, I will have to buy the compatible charger, have no warranty but there will be Club Nintendo.

The local set is more expensive (by about US$25) but I think this isn't a big issue since it comes with a warranty period of a year.

I looked through the rewards and felt that most of the physical rewards will be too much of a hassle to get (I need to pay more for them, especially if I want them shipped by proxy), so I just want to ask if the games download they offer every once in a while is worth it.

My current decision is leaning towards the Local Set given that it seems more practical but I want a few second opinions on this. Should I go for the Club Nintendo (US Set) or 1 year warranty + charger (Local Set)?
#2jedinatPosted 2/14/2013 11:24:25 PM
I have no idea what this "Set" thing is.
#3Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:29:14 PM
You can replace it with "version" if "set" doesn't makes sense. I'm talking about the box package that the 3DS XL comes in when I'm talking about the set.

Choice-wise -

Choice A: US 3DS XL, comes with incompatible charger, no warranty, cheaper by $25, has Club Nintendo

Choice B: Local 3DS XL, comes with compatible charger, 1 year warranty, costs $25 more, no Club Nintendo
#4jedinatPosted 2/14/2013 11:31:47 PM
Get whatever region you have easy access to games/your friends have. Because 3DS is region locked.
#5Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:01:22 AM
Region for both choice A and B are considered the same. It's just the package trade-offs that is bothering me.
#6Barrylocke89Posted 2/15/2013 12:17:33 AM
If you take solid care of your 3DS, a 1 year warranty may never get used. If it were me it would come down to how expensive/easy it is to get the proper charger. Not quite sure about your region but if you can find a decent one online for cheaper (which I suppose is easier said than done seeing as the 3DS is still somewhat new), then go with the US set.
---
http://www.twitch.tv/barrylocke
#7Puddingchan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 1:46:57 AM
I can get a 3rd party charger online for cheaper, but it will take a considerable amount of time to reach me. I never had to use my warranty for most items I buy (including my DS Lite). Though it is well possible the warranty might be useful here.

I did my research on prices, there seems to be no real difference. I'm not interested in buying sets from online because I might get a lemon that will be difficult to resolve. It's too much of a hassle for small price reductions and no customer service.

Now I see conflicting information that the local set/version now comes with Club Nintendo. If that's the case, I rather go for a local set.