I bought my 3DS XL on the 12th, fail

#1k_lub242Posted 2/14/2013 11:25:10 PM
So this means I can't take part in the new promo to get a free game when Luigi's Mansion comes out? I registered the system on Club Nintendo already :(
#2crimsonclaw111Posted 2/14/2013 11:30:20 PM
Email them and attempt to persuade them to include all 3DS XL registrees. It's what all of NeoGAF is doing basically:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47721579&postcount=202
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
#3RazieruPosted 2/14/2013 11:34:16 PM(edited)
I don't get all the pants bunching. This "promotion" is yet another waste of money anyway. Of course you couldn't just buy the system, which in itself is a waste given its "quality" alone, but you have to shell out $40 MORE dollars on Pokemon or Luigi just to get one of those "free" games?

You're still paying for the "free" games by wasting $40 on Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon: Gates to Infinity. That means you have already paid off the "free" game by buying one of those. I mean, it is blatantly obvious. The actual promotion would be to buy the damn system, then get a free game for doing so, much like the bundles that come pre-loaded with an actual free game.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#4k_lub242(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:32:03 PM
crimsonclaw111 posted...
Email them and attempt to persuade them to include all 3DS XL registrees. It's what all of NeoGAF is doing basically:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47721579&postcount=202

I love you. Done. Does Nintendo ever listen to things like this?
#5k_lub242(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:35:48 PM
Razieru posted...
I don't get all the pants bunching. This "promotion" is yet another waste of money anyway. Of course you couldn't just buy the system, which in itself is a waste given its "quality" alone, but you have to shell out $40 MORE dollars to get one of those "free" games?

You're still paying for the "free" games by wasting $40 on Luigi's Mansion or Pokemon: Gates to Infinity. That means you have already paid off the "free" game by buying one of those. I mean, it is blatantly obvious. The actual promotion would be to buy the damn system, then get a free game for doing so, much like the bundles that come pre-loaded with an actual free game.

1. Trollol.
2. Learn the definition of words like free. Also economics.
3. I bought mine from Target. $200 plus tax for blue 3DS XL, Mario Kart 7, and a $20 Target gift card that I plan on using toward's Luigi's Mansion. So essentially a paid $140+tax for the system, as I would have bought Mario Kart anyways.
4. I'm planning on buying Luigi's Mansion anyways, unless it absolutely blows (which I doubt).
5. Trollol.
#6jedinatPosted 2/14/2013 11:35:59 PM
Razieru posted...
I don't get all the pants bunching. This "promotion" is yet another waste of money anyway. Of course you couldn't just buy the system, which in itself is a waste given its "quality" alone, but you have to shell out $40 MORE dollars on Pokemon or Luigi just to get one of those "free" games?

Explain how spending $40 on Luigi's Mansion 2 is a "waste" of money. The game looks fantastic. I hadn't been following it much at all until I looked up a few gameplay videos today.
#7rizsparkyPosted 2/14/2013 11:39:24 PM
Buy another one, transfer your stuff over from your first XL and trade the other one back in?
---
3DS FC: 4597-0164-7987
#8k_lub242(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:39:53 PM
jedinat posted...
Razieru posted...

Explain how spending $40 on Luigi's Mansion 2 is a "waste" of money. The game looks fantastic. I hadn't been following it much at all until I looked up a few gameplay videos today.

Don't feed the troll :(
#9RazieruPosted 2/14/2013 11:41:34 PM
k_lub242 posted...
1. Trollol.
Cute - an archaic one liner insult. How mature of you.

2. Learn the definition of words like free. Also economics.

Learn to think before posting and throwing your money gleefully at people much richer than you. Also, work on some self judgment other than the trendy ones you happened to pick up like others.

3. I bought mine from Target. $200 plus tax for blue 3DS XL, Mario Kart 7, and a $20 Target gift card that I plan on using toward's Luigi's Mansion. So essentially a paid $140+tax for the system, as I would have bought Mario Kart anyways.

So, what's the point of this topic again?

4. I'm planning on buying Luigi's Mansion anyways, unless it absolutely blows (which I doubt).

So basically, you are whining in vain to Nintendo to include you in their little promotion by forgiving your hastiness, yet you defend them with your shiny cape on in your second "point"?

5. Trollol.

Ah, the same stale response. Know your limits.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#10k_lub242(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:44:10 PM(edited)
rizsparky posted...
Buy another one, transfer your stuff over from your first XL and trade the other one back in?

...That's actually not the worst idea ever. The only place around here that still has the bundle is the one Target almost 45 minutes away though. Ehh.

What if I go to a nearby Best Buy or something, buy a non-bundled one, register it on Club Nintendo, and then return it? Would that work, I wonder?

EDIT: or better yet, maybe I'll be to take a picture of the box S/N while it's on display. It's on the top of the box after all...