Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will automatically be better than the Wii version

#41DEMONPANDA212Posted 2/15/2013 8:33:45 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
80/80

because of the lack of motion controlling.

That just killed it for me especially when they had plently of options for button input but they thought it would be best to have motion to just anything just cause it was the wii.

Yup, been saying the exact same. Slated the Wii version in a vid review for it,
#42TerotrousPosted 2/15/2013 8:33:53 AM
I also used the code to enable a button for rolling, but it's true that button to roll is a HUGE improvement over waggle to roll.

I'm not usually against motion controls, it just absolutely doesn't work here because the game requires frame-accurate precision for the time trials and waggle simply can't offer that. You also have to roll near constantly, so you have to waggle almost all the time, and that's annoying.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GBA Summon Night Swordcraft Story"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#43chadchu1Posted 2/15/2013 8:39:31 AM
I like the motion controls in Mario Kart Wii & Wario Ware Smooth Moves but it seems like playing Pikmin 3 with motion controls would make me wonder why I'm not just playing Pikmin 2 instead. Unnecessary motion controls kill immersion & complicate things pointlessly. I can't think of anything they do that could make me think my time wouldn't be better spent just replaying Pikmin 2 with it's precise, simple, comfortable, controls that were designed to make it easy play the game.

People who claim we're being lazy are just too obsessed with Nintendo to admit they had a bad idea.
---
"lol mad and in denial, Linetrix is gaurenteed to be no older than 17"-GoombaX
Hypocrisy at it's finest.
#44StephenYap3Posted 2/15/2013 8:46:05 AM
I never had any problem with motion controls at all. If this game is going to be an exact port, I won't buy it.
---
I have trouble communicating with people :(
#45TeraPatrick2008Posted 2/15/2013 9:21:24 AM
yeah, fat kids hate motion controls
#46paralyzed21Posted 2/15/2013 9:29:31 AM
motion control is the reason i didnt play it on the wii. i may actually borrow my friend's 3ds to play it now. still not enough reason to buy a 3ds though.
---
http://www.wearethepanicdivision.com | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---
#47LORD_LMAOPosted 2/15/2013 9:37:34 AM
Remixdeluxe posted...
Gencoil posted...
I can't believe people have such a problem with shaking the Wii remote. "Oh no! I have to move my hand a little! Oh, the agony, the pain of it all!".

Possible troll but I'll bite.

When a game like Wii Sports makes use of motion controlling it makes sense cause sports actually require physical movement or even Skyward sword with handling a sword.

But in Donkey Kong, you shake to do a roll? That doesnt make sense for me.

So tell me how its painful for you or are you just some lazy fat kid whos never worked a day in their life?

Do you even lift?

lol what does lifting have to do with any of this. did he insult your manhood? now its time to show him whos strongest. if i told you i could bench 250 would u tell me you could bench 251?
---
"garfield64 has long beautiful hair that any sane woman would kill to have"
#48Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/15/2013 9:52:38 AM
Gencoil posted...
I can't believe people have such a problem with shaking the Wii remote. "Oh no! I have to move my hand a little! Oh, the agony, the pain of it all!".

Yeah everyone hates motion controls because they're lazy... not because most of the time it turns out extra gimmicky and awful.
#49shnoob2Posted 2/15/2013 10:54:14 AM
No online = sucks.
---
"GET OFF MY PLANE!"- Han Solo in Airforce One
DLC and Online Passes = the downfall of video games.
#50Robot_SoopaPosted 2/15/2013 12:50:37 PM
While I believe they're flawed and can make the game a bit more imprecise it's laughable to try and say shaking to roll ruins the experience or makes the game unplayable.

The rolling works. Buttons just work better.