Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D will automatically be better than the Wii version

#61gransPosted 2/16/2013 1:45:01 PM
I don't think Retro is making this port.

And what makes you think that? Who do you think is making it instead? Considering how good it looks so far i'd be inclined to believe it was Retro themselves making it until proven otherwise.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#62SakurafanboyPosted 2/16/2013 1:46:55 PM
grans posted...

And what makes you think that? Who do you think is making it instead? Considering how good it looks so far i'd be inclined to believe it was Retro themselves making it until proven otherwise.

why wouldn't it look good? Its just a port, not a rebuilding. >_>
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#63DeathSoul2000Posted 2/16/2013 1:49:12 PM
Sakurafanboy posted...
grans posted...

it was stated to be 'rebuilt from the ground up.' don't know how you managed to miss that.
#64Gogo726Posted 2/16/2013 2:03:35 PM
Accidental waggle killed me in NSMBW and DKCR. That's why I love playing NSMBU on the gamepad. Waggle is still an option, but it's not as sensitive, plus you get a button.

But don't get your hopes up. Waggle rolling in DKCR is still a possibility on 3DS.
---
Jackass Thompson doesn't approve of Wii Music. He's on a crusade to put an end to sax and violins in games
#65Plasma EXEPosted 2/16/2013 2:10:41 PM
It's a remake, of course it'll be better (or hopefully).

I don't think I'd buy this game a 2nd time though unless they added 2x more new content or something which I doubt will happen.
---
The official Shiki-Ouji of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
3DS FC - 2750-1413-5336
#66gransPosted 2/16/2013 2:27:33 PM
Accidental waggle killed me in NSMBW and DKCR. That's why I love playing NSMBU on the gamepad. Waggle is still an option, but it's not as sensitive, plus you get a button.

But don't get your hopes up. Waggle rolling in DKCR is still a possibility on 3DS.

The chances of them forcing waggle controls on the 3DS version are very unlikely now that we've seen the trailer. Check the end of the trailer and you'll see you now punch the tiki mask by tapping "X". It looks like shaking has now been remapped to X instead, I don't think we've got anything to worry about.

it was stated to be 'rebuilt from the ground up.' don't know how you managed to miss that.

The game doesn't look any different from the Wii version in gameplay, level design, sound, or even the graphics. Kojima pulled the same word play in an interview about Snake Eater 3D, making the claim that the 3DS version wasn't a port but a "remake built from the ground up". Though at least DKC Returns 3D looks like it'll turn out far better than Snake Eater 3D did (which was largely inferior to even the PS2 version). They're all likely using fancy words to make it seem like they're offering more than just a simple rerelease. Saying a game is "rebuilt from the ground up" has a lot more marketing value than just calling it a port.

That's not to say there's no effort required in porting a game of course, you obviously can't just stick a game on a system with fundamentally different hardware and expect it to run right off the bat. But there's a huge difference in a game that looks virtually identical to its original like DKC Returns 3D (at this time even the Mario Advance ports on GBA have more obvious differences when compared to their SNES originals), compared to substantially changed games like Final Fantasy 3&4 DS, Kirby Super Star Ultra, or even Ocarina of Time 3D.

Because bad ports have become an unfortunate plague, one that can be argued are now the unfortunate rule instead of the exception. This happens often on the 3DS because developers simply don't put much effort into their games (Capcom is one of the few exceptions in terms of 3DS).

That's why I think DKCR 3D might be developed by Retro themselves. I'm not surprised the 3DS can handle the game, but I am surprised that a developer exists that is willing to put this much effort into porting such a game so faithfully. Retro just seems to be one of those developers that puts effort into their games, so I think it likely this port was handled by them personally due to how good it looks. If not the entire studio, then a smaller team. I don't know of many other developers out there that would put so much effort into porting something so detailed as DKC Returns so faithfully. Even Nintendo's own main development teams haven't put this much effort into a 3DS game's visuals (example- Mario 3D Land). In fact they actually hired Retro Studios to help them develop Mario Kart 7 because they needed to get it done faster.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#67xIvan321Posted 2/16/2013 2:33:49 PM
Gencoil posted...
I can't believe people have such a problem with shaking the Wii remote. "Oh no! I have to move my hand a little! Oh, the agony, the pain of it all!".

^Win
---
3DS FC:4425-1580-1611. Former MPH player of the KI:U board.
3DS chat: http://xat.com/mph93 SKYPE: xIvan321_
#68Mariofan15Posted 2/16/2013 2:35:04 PM
Yep. Because the controls were so unbearable -_-. The controls were fine for the most part and people are just complaining for the sake of it.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#69SMASHKING84Posted 2/16/2013 2:37:44 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Yep. Because the controls were so unbearable -_-. The controls were fine for the most part and people are just complaining for the sake of it.

if it were a mario game you'd treat like metriod other m for having one minor flaw
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.