3DS XL not coming out of sleep mode?

#1JacquipuffPosted 2/15/2013 10:45:58 AM
It's happened twice this week (once a few days ago and once just now) that, when opening my XL back up after closing it and putting it in sleep mode, the screen stays blank. The system is still on, it just has nothing on the screen. It works fine again after I hold the power button down to turn it off, then turn it back on again, I'm just a bit worried now that it's happened more than once.

Does anyone know anything more about this issue? Is there any chance that this (or the "forcing" the system to shut down by holding the power button that seems to be the only fix for this) might damage my 3DS and/or whatever game is currently in it? Or should I just see it as an annoying but not dangerous nuisance?
#2lilpuddy31Posted 2/15/2013 10:56:13 AM
It's happened to me on my original 3DS and my XL. I only had to close my system again wait a few seconds and re-open it, then it woke up just fine. Just remember that even though it is designed to handle leaving it on in sleep mode for the street pass stuff, it still needs to be shut down completely from time to time. Mine only did it after leaving it powered up for a week or so, but then I started shutting it down completely every other day for an hour or two and haven't had it happen since...
---
I miss NHL hockey, I miss my St. Louis Blues :(
#3Jacquipuff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:06:46 AM
I tried closing it for a few seconds and re-opening it the first time it happened, and it didn't work. Maybe it wasn't enough seconds.

And I do always shut it down at least once a day (when I'm sleeping), sometimes more depending on how long I'm going to go without using it. Meanwhile, my boyfriend has had his longer than I've had mine, and he never, ever turns it off, yet he has never had this problem.
#4Jacquipuff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:36:27 AM
Okay, since I can't edit my posts, I'll just make a new one to say, it just happened again, and closing it and opening it again didn't work. Now I'm getting kind of worried...
#5PlaysaverPosted 2/15/2013 6:31:52 PM
What is being played on your 3ds xl when this happens?
#6Jacquipuff(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 7:24:49 PM
All three times, I've been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening.