Is Sticker Star as bad as people say it is?

#1teamaquashockPosted 2/15/2013 9:49:45 AM
Or are they just over exaggerating and a little nostalgic that it wasn't the same as the previous one?

I'm trying to see if I can pick it up at the Best Buy sale, since the 2 closest stores doesn't have Professor Layton available =/
---
Palutena: "I really can't imagine you being in a "melee".
Pit: "That's because I wasn't -_-" 3DS Friend Code: 0430-9368-3384
#2McMarblesPosted 2/15/2013 9:55:39 AM
Like Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, it's the worst crime ever committed against mankind.
---
Currently playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#3westontickleePosted 2/15/2013 9:57:10 AM
It's horrible. And it seems like they're trying to bring down Mario and Luigi too. Let's bope not
---
I come from the future
Claire "Lightning" Farron's best friend, maried to Ayesha Altugle, ex lover of Milla Maxwell
#4MarsfordPosted 2/15/2013 9:57:25 AM
Objectively speaking (kinda), it's not horrible, but the quality is less than the previous ones.

Subjectively speaking (for me), it not being an RPG makes it a huge turn off.
---
Why are you NOT listening to White Skies when you could be listening to White Skies?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MDhdP94TKc
#5deimos91Posted 2/15/2013 9:59:40 AM
westonticklee posted...
It's horrible. And it seems like they're trying to bring down Mario and Luigi too. Let's bope not

no just trolls like this one cannot handle change i can only imagine him moving from mommys basement
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#6XechsPosted 2/15/2013 10:06:17 AM
It's boring and not as good as the previous games, it's not bad just dull and average which might as well be terrible according to these boards. The problem is the other sticker stars were great must have to each of their respective system, this game does not have that appeal. Biggest complaints is the gameplay and the story (lost it's charm in this version) and those are two of the most important things in a RPG especially charm for nintendo franchises. I'd give it a 6.5/10, it's just okay and if you are paper mario fan you still might enjoy it to get your fix otherwise there are better games to occupy your time.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#7kamikaze135Posted 2/15/2013 10:06:27 AM
It's a good game, but it's nothing like Paper Mario on the N64 and Gamecube. The one thing I really dislike is the UI for stickers....you collect so many of them and they don't let you organize them at all. It becomes a bit annoying in battle after a while.
---
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time -Tyler Durden
#8MineralPlusBoxPosted 2/15/2013 10:21:13 AM
kamikaze135 posted...
It's a good game, but it's nothing like Paper Mario on the N64 and Gamecube. The one thing I really dislike is the UI for stickers....you collect so many of them and they don't let you organize them at all. It becomes a bit annoying in battle after a while.

I'm not sure but I think you can drag them around with your stylus to rearrange them.
You can also press Start after pressing X to open your sticker book (out of battle) to automatically sort them.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
Friendcode is 1607-1877-1442. Add me !
#9Ambassador_KongPosted 2/15/2013 10:21:24 AM
It's the best game in the series. The obligatory terrible story with unfunny jokes has been ditced since it was an impediment to the game. Instead of stats, YOU have to get better at playing the game. Puzzles can be challenging and the game does not tell you where to go and when.

If you are an old school, retro gamer then you will probably like this. If you were raised in the age od modern gaming where the games tell you where to go, when to go, and what to do then you will probably hate it.
---
First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. by Mahatma Gandhi.
#10redsox_in_06Posted 2/15/2013 10:29:03 AM
I enjoyed it. It's not the greatest game ever made but it I had fun with it.