Why do people say that M&L4 is getting the Sticker Star treatment?

#1Solid_SOAPPosted 2/15/2013 3:40:45 PM
What ruined Sticker Star was this: Lack of an interesting story or characters, generic Toads were the game's only NPCs, no new enemies at all, all environments were ripped from NSMB, and an overall just generic presentation and feel that was even directly stated by Miyamoto to have been their plan from the beginning ruined the game beyond the gameplay being "okay" at best.

Mario & Luigi Dream Team, however, seems to be much more ambitious and original. A creative new story & concept, all new enemies and NPCs, new gameplay that correlates with the previous games as well as spices things up a bit too, and overall it just looks solid. Obviously these things are possible to change by the end of development, but Dream Team just looks considerably more creative than Sticker Star and its obvious that the developers of the game weren't force to make it a certain way ala Sticker Star where Miyamoto specifically instructed them not to include any new characters at all. I'm excited to finally get a new and creative Mario game that doesn't crutch on tired ideas and characters for once, I think that by itself is something to be excited about.
#2wiiking96Posted 2/15/2013 3:42:23 PM
The battle system also looks a lot like it's based off of the BIS battle system.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#3GenericName9Posted 2/15/2013 3:46:30 PM
You can't judge a work in progress. So many times I've seen demos, news, or screenshots months before release and when the final game comes out it's COMPLETELY different than those demos, news, & or shots.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#4Solid_SOAP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:46:48 PM
I only played Super Star Saga, how so? There was only a small tidbit but it seemed pretty similar but with new features.
#5Mariofan15Posted 2/15/2013 3:48:39 PM
Who's been saying that? Unlike Sticker Star,Dream Team looks like it's keeping the things that made the series great.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#6Solid_SOAP(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 3:54:10 PM
GenericName9 posted...
You can't judge a work in progress. So many times I've seen demos, news, or screenshots months before release and when the final game comes out it's COMPLETELY different than those demos, news, & or shots.

Obviously, but I find it highly doubtful that if this game has the release date Nintendo is giving it that it will be considerably different than what we've seen. The gameplay might possibly be different than what we expect, but stuff like how the game seems to have a completely original cast and environments as opposed to rehashed worlds is not going to change.
#7SMASHKING84Posted 2/15/2013 4:00:11 PM
because they weren't paying attention and think you din't play as luigi.

Let me get this straight if you don't play as both brothers that would be disapointing because it's called mario AND luigi,however i haven't seen anything that suggest you never play as luigi.

From what i can tell you SOMETIMES play as mario by himself,sometimes play as luigi by him self,and the rest of the game they work together.

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT THE FIRST GAME DID. seriously go play it if you don't believe me.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#8HejiruPosted 2/15/2013 4:52:16 PM
I haven't seen anyone saying that. I don't get how it's like Sticker Star.

The main thing I noticed was that it looks really similar to Bowser's Inside Story.
---
"The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense." -Tom Clancy
#9bcorneliaPosted 2/15/2013 4:56:05 PM
Maybe it has to do with the game being revealed in such a weak way. Deserved a legit trailer, honestly.

It was hard to walk away from that clumsy little blip of it and be at all pumped for the game.
---
This is an elite pirate
#10LonelyGoombaPosted 2/15/2013 4:56:07 PM
when paper Mario was first shown it also had all these things tho >_>

it's never too late to mess something up
---
Watch my video's please...or else...
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba