Why do people say that M&L4 is getting the Sticker Star treatment?

#11OoSubaruoOPosted 2/15/2013 3:58:45 PM
LonelyGoomba posted...
when paper Mario was first shown it also had all these things tho >_>

it's never too late to mess something up

M&L4 comes out Summer 2013, Paper Mario Sticker Star took longer.
#12deimos91Posted 2/15/2013 5:15:09 PM
GenericName9 posted...
You can't judge a work in progress. So many times I've seen demos, news, or screenshots months before release and when the final game comes out it's COMPLETELY different than those demos, news, & or shots.

Aliens Colonial Marines
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#13SMASHKING84Posted 2/15/2013 5:20:10 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
LonelyGoomba posted...
when paper Mario was first shown it also had all these things tho >_>

it's never too late to mess something up

M&L4 comes out Summer 2013, Paper Mario Sticker Star took longer.

yeah pm was shown two years before it came out then we got no news about it until 2011 or 2012

if they had show us it the entire time we could've given them input and possibly gotten it changed

what they could've done is replace stickers with badges and left everything else alone.

They're still be complaints but they're be less.

i can assure you nobody would say that version was a rehash. maybe it might too drastic for some,but i know i wouldn't say it.

This game is like skyward sword it feels both like a rehash AND too different at the same time.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#14legendarylemurPosted 2/15/2013 5:52:21 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Who's been saying that? Unlike Sticker Star,Dream Team looks like it's keeping the things that made the series great.

They would only be keeping things that made the series great if they still had Superstar Saga bros system of precise button pressing rather than the crap that PiT and BIS had
---
According to Wikipedia, you don't exist!
CLICK HERE FOR FAME AND GLORY
#15Bahamut_10thPosted 2/15/2013 6:48:48 PM(edited)
NO.

What ruined Sticker Star was the lack of exp points (and point to not skip battles at all costs), having all battle moves dependant on CONSUMABLE crap, bland cookie-cutter worlds, annoying assistant character, lack of customization -> no equipment or, more importantly, NO FREAKING BADGES, NO PARTNERS and predictable final boss.

I don't care about how much story a Mario game has, period.

I actually loved BiS. A lot more so than Superstar Saga which frankly I don't want to play again.
I don't miss bros attacks either. There was little point in mastering them as any boss would die in 3 turns if you happened to do so.