Should I get Paper Mario Sticker Star?

#1AAngelEyesPosted 2/15/2013 5:52:23 PM
I heard people don't like it as much, but I never played the pervious version of this series.
Also, I heard it is frustrating because you have to go back levels just to find some stickers or something? Is that true, I hate repeating levels or going back.
#2bcorneliaPosted 2/15/2013 5:54:03 PM
You probably wouldn't like it.
---
This is an elite pirate
#3Solid_SOAPPosted 2/15/2013 5:55:17 PM
If you don't like backtracking/exploring, I do not recommend it. It's an alright game, but lacks any semblance of a story, unique characters, or anything that made the previous games good. It's unique and rather good with fantastic music and graphics, but it does involve backtracking and the previous games are definitely better.
#4darkness1018Posted 2/15/2013 5:56:54 PM
No. Its just like the reg Mario games now. Everything that made the Paper Mario fun and unique RPGs is now gone from SS. I played it for about 6 hrs or so before trading it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#5TransdudePosted 2/15/2013 5:57:37 PM
Out of curiosity, what game would you consider to be the most comparable to PM:SS? I just want to know so that I can get a better idea of what the game is like.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#6bcorneliaPosted 2/15/2013 6:05:18 PM(edited)
Transdude posted...
Out of curiosity, what game would you consider to be the most comparable to PM:SS? I just want to know so that I can get a better idea of what the game is like.

Think Superstar Saga without the RPG elements, new characters, unique/cohesive world, or plot.

Oh, and you use consumable stickers to do every attack action. Also no partner character in battle- it's just Mario.

And one more thing: there's much less of a vertical element in the areas. They tend to be pretty flat a lot of the time.
---
This is an elite pirate
#7TransdudePosted 2/15/2013 6:04:02 PM
bcornelia posted...
Transdude posted...

Think Superstar Saga without the RPG elements, new characters, unique/cohesive world, or plot.

Oh, and you use consumable stickers to do every attack action. Also no partner character in battle- it's just Mario.

Also much less of a vertical element in the areas. They tend to be pretty flat a lot of the time.

That gave me a good idea, thank you.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#8AAngelEyes(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:27:51 PM
Solid_SOAP posted...
If you don't like backtracking/exploring, I do not recommend it. It's an alright game, but lacks any semblance of a story, unique characters, or anything that made the previous games good. It's unique and rather good with fantastic music and graphics, but it does involve backtracking and the previous games are definitely better.

Ah thanks. What is the reason in this game to backtrack? May you clarify on that?
#9PinkyHaLaPosted 2/15/2013 6:35:37 PM
what are people on about in this topic?

sticker star is perfect game to play if you've never played the previous paper Mario games, a lot of the sulking from people comes from sticker star being nothing like its previous games. but if you've never played the previous game then sticker star is great.

download the demo. play it. if you like it then buy it.
#10Phantom_NookPosted 2/15/2013 6:41:40 PM
download the demo. play it. if you like it then buy it.

I'm pretty sure there is no demo.
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442