Should I get Paper Mario Sticker Star?

#11wiiking96Posted 2/15/2013 6:55:13 PM
PinkyHaLa posted...
what are people on about in this topic?

sticker star is perfect game to play if you've never played the previous paper Mario games, a lot of the sulking from people comes from sticker star being nothing like its previous games. but if you've never played the previous game then sticker star is great.

Actually, even as its own game, it's extremely flawed. The battle system is inherently flawed and has little progression or satisfaction. The puzzles and bosses are just terrible, and I think most people here have heard why. It has a serious lack of charm and identity.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#12Super SlashPosted 2/15/2013 7:01:02 PM
bcornelia posted...
Transdude posted...
Out of curiosity, what game would you consider to be the most comparable to PM:SS? I just want to know so that I can get a better idea of what the game is like.

Think Superstar Saga without the RPG elements, new characters, unique/cohesive world, or plot.

Oh, and you use consumable stickers to do every attack action. Also no partner character in battle- it's just Mario.

And one more thing: there's much less of a vertical element in the areas. They tend to be pretty flat a lot of the time.

Superstar Saga? It's more like a poorly done SMB RPG. I guess you could say it's Super Paper Mario 2.0, without any original characters and plot.
#13GenericName9Posted 2/15/2013 8:00:21 PM
@ TC

Don't listen to all the hate, 99.9% of all the bashing is from ppl who are unhappy about it being dissimilar to previous Paper Marios. Those who consistantly bash it and say un-met expectations is not the case, that the game truly is horrible, are flat out lying. They did'nt get what they wanted so they want no one to be happy, they can't stand the thought that someone might actually really Love it when they can't bring themselves to even give it a fair chance they are so utterly consumed by their bitterness.

Remember someone who is the biggest supporter of someone or something will often become their or it's biggest antagonist the very second that person or thing does'nt do or give them what they want anymore. In other words: disgruntled fanboys.

If you have'nt played the previous PM games I'm willing to bet BIG money that you will LOVE it.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#14Super SlashPosted 2/15/2013 8:10:00 PM
GenericName9 posted...
@ TC

Don't listen to all the hate, 99.9% of all the bashing is from ppl who are unhappy about it being dissimilar to previous Paper Marios. Those who consistantly bash it and say un-met expectations is not the case, that the game truly is horrible, are flat out lying. They did'nt get what they wanted so they want no one to be happy, they can't stand the thought that someone might actually really Love it when they can't bring themselves to even give it a fair chance they are so utterly consumed by their bitterness.

Remember someone who is the biggest supporter of someone or something will often become their or it's biggest antagonist the very second that person or thing does'nt do or give them what they want anymore. In other words: disgruntled fanboys.

If you have'nt played the previous PM games I'm willing to bet BIG money that you will LOVE it.

Wow, that's delusions if I've ever seen them. Since when can you speak for everyone? Even taking the previous games out of consideration, the game is still only about average. It has very little soul and charm and it's too short.
#15Spiffy247Posted 2/15/2013 8:13:10 PM
I disliked the game, and I've never played another Paper Mario. It's just not my thing.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The 3DS and PSVita are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#16Mariofan15Posted 2/15/2013 8:14:08 PM
@ TC

You dont have a god damn clue why people hate the game,huh? And dont talk for everyone here either. And we're fanboys for being disappointed? Yeah,you dont know what fanboy means if your misusing it like that.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#17wiiking96Posted 2/15/2013 8:14:41 PM
^ Ignore the mind-bogglingly ignorant fellow above. He clearly hasn't listened a word anyone has said about Sticker Star in the negative.

You do know that it has low critic ratings, right? Even the critics agree that the game is no more than "Good", and almost none compare to the first 3 as an important factor.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BiS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#18lunchEATSyouPosted 2/15/2013 8:14:50 PM
I've never played any of the previous Paper Matrio games either, so I was curious about this too. But, it was on sale for $20 today at Best Buy so I went ahead and bought it
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#19DBPanterAPosted 2/15/2013 8:27:27 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
I've never played any of the previous Paper Matrio games either, so I was curious about this too. But, it was on sale for $20 today at Best Buy so I went ahead and bought it

I just bought it from Best Buy at that price.

I have played all the Paper Mario games. Some are better than others, but for $20, you can't beat that price. I wanted to play it and I may not dive into it immediately, but will be there for when I want to tackle the game.
---
NNID: Minny612
3DS FC: 5155-2933-9036
#20jedinatPosted 2/15/2013 8:35:14 PM
I liked the first Paper Mario a lot. I didn't really like TTYD... too long and stretched feeling, kind of bland somehow... I didn't like SPM at all because it just felt like a slow paced Mario platformer with a fairly revolting art style... So I'm not getting this game, lol. Even at $20.