Should I get Paper Mario Sticker Star?

#21bcorneliaPosted 2/15/2013 10:05:20 PM
Super Slash posted...
Superstar Saga? It's more like a poorly done SMB RPG.

A SMB RPG? Like, I dunno, Superstar Saga is?

Assuming you meant SMRPG, you're just being asinine.
---
This is an elite pirate
#22Super SlashPosted 2/15/2013 10:25:20 PM
bcornelia posted...
Super Slash posted...

How is Superstar Saga even remotely similar to SMB?
#23Mariofan15Posted 2/15/2013 10:26:15 PM
bcornelia posted...
Super Slash posted...

Have you even played it? There are moments in the game where it becomes a side scroller like SMB is. That's what he's probably getting at.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#24Super SlashPosted 2/15/2013 10:27:27 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
bcornelia posted...
Super Slash posted...

Have you even played it? There are moments in the game where it becomes a side scroller like SMB is. That's what he's probably getting at.

I've beaten the game close to 10 times. There're very few side scrolling segments. Like one or two. It's more similar to Paper Mario 64 and TTYD than SMB.
#25GenericName9Posted 2/15/2013 10:53:34 PM
wiiking96 posted...
^ Ignore the mind-bogglingly ignorant fellow above. He clearly hasn't listened a word anyone has said about Sticker Star in the negative.

You do know that it has low critic ratings, right? Even the critics agree that the game is no more than "Good", and almost none compare to the first 3 as an important factor.

Because critics always are spot on...Why are critics usually so knowledgable about what they critique? Because earlier in life they tried actually doing it and failed, music critic=failed musician, art critic=failed artist and so on.

I'm not speaking for everybody, but I am referring to the majority of complaints I've seen in the PM:SS forum. Some of the other reasons for most ppl judging ill that I've heard seemed a little frivolous and unfounded to me. The game HAS a story, it unfolds as the game progresses, things actually do happen in the game. Getting more sticker pages and better stickers as the game progresses is essentially the same as levelling up IMO.

Whatever though. You guys are being a just little too oversensitive to get all inflamed like that at what I said, I said fanboy in a figurative sense. I don't see why it's so unbelievable that some people really do like the game. Anytime a person mentions liking it 10 ppl(usually the same 10 ppl) swoop in like flies on poo to tell them they're crazy and that it sucks. I think everyone gets that YOU don't like it, you're sure to let everyone know anytime it's mentioned.

and I still disagree.
---
If you were a boss I'd deathmatch ya in a minute!
#26Luigifan141Posted 2/15/2013 11:08:15 PM
You know, if Miyamoto didn't screw around with Intelligent Systems and force them to make Sticker Star exactly how he wanted it, we would most likely be saying positive things about this game right now instead and say that it is a worthy successor to The Thousand Year Door.

MIYAMOTO!!!
---
HEY VITA! Y U NO GAMES???
#27IppynPosted 2/15/2013 11:20:28 PM
It's really not worth it, and it's sad that Nintendo squandered an opportunity to make a must-have game. If you lower your expectations significantly and use a guide, then the experience can be bearable (and even slightly enjoyable) but it's just an empty shell of a game given that there is no incentive to fight enemies and no sense of progression.
#28bcorneliaPosted 2/16/2013 2:25:05 AM(edited)
Actually I was referring to the fact that it was an RPG... about the Super Mario Bros.

-_-

EDIT: Also, Sticker Star has piss-all to do with the sidescrolling Marios other than some of the general NSMB area themes and you jump. Oh, and there's a Fire Flower and mushrooms.
---
This is an elite pirate
#29wufei8706Posted 2/16/2013 2:25:28 AM
Even though I LOVEEEEEEE, and I mean it, LOVEEEE the first two games, I haven't and probably won't play the Wii one and this one. I loved the GBA and DS ones too btw.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#30Zero_ManiacPosted 2/16/2013 6:35:16 AM
wufei8706 posted...
Even though I LOVEEEEEEE, and I mean it, LOVEEEE the first two games, I haven't and probably won't play the Wii one and this one. I loved the GBA and DS ones too btw.

Lol? You're implying that there was Paper Mario on GBA/DS when there clearly wasn't.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.