Limited Edition FE 3DS problem.

#1GuerillaGorillaPosted 2/15/2013 10:57:45 PM
Bought the bundle last Friday. Came home and started playing immediately. However, came Monday, the screen protectors I bought online arrived and I put them on. It included some camera lens protectors and so I put them on too. So I clicked on the camera app to check how it looked through then protectors. Turns out, the app doesn't even work!

After the "Photo" on the top screen fades away, the screen just stays black. I can press all the buttons. They make a sound confirmation, but nothing happens. It doesn't take any pictures when the screens are black like that. At first, clicking on the inner camera just "froze" the 3DS. It's in quotations because nothing works. Press any button, tap on the screen, nothing happens. No sound confirmation, nothing. But that dumb birds continues to mock me, tilting it's head about. >.>

Now though, the inner camera works after pressing the inner button. I can take a picture of myself fine, but after going back and clicking the outer camera button, it reverts back to what it was before. The freezing is more evident here. Whatever was in the picture when the inner cam is active stays there, instead of a black screen.

I was going to go to Gamestop and try to get an exchange, but no new shipments are coming for a while. It's been a week now so I don't even know if I could get it exchanged. I didn't go Tuesday or Wednesday because I just didn't feel like it, and I was going to go yesterday, but it started working randomly, though it took a while to start up, so I didn't go.

I could send it to Nintendo, but that would take a week and FE would go with it. :(

I'm so screwed. -_-

Anyone else got a problem with this 3DS?
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#2furygodsPosted 2/15/2013 10:59:46 PM
Good lord where did you buy that 3DS from!?

Did you buy it from a trusted source like Gamestop?
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#3GuerillaGorilla(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 11:00:55 PM
Yeah, you can only get it from Gamestop.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#4furygodsPosted 2/15/2013 11:01:59 PM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Yeah, you can only get it from Gamestop.

I advise you to not buy stuff from that Gamestop anymore, lol.

Can't believe something like that still happens nowadays...

Luckly my local Gamestop isn't like that.
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#5pladiumPosted 2/16/2013 12:10:31 AM
That really sucks!
but in all honesty, you'll probably get over it.
I took maybe 10 pictures with my original 3ds within the first week I got it and havent used the camera since. I don't even play any of the AR games.

so unless you plan on taking tons of 3D pictures that you can only view on your 3DS, I don't think its worth the hassel
---
Josh is Legend
#6pkmastah15Posted 2/16/2013 12:18:20 AM(edited)
I got mine from newegg. **** Gamestop.

Gamestop a trusting source? Yeah okay.
#7SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/16/2013 12:23:31 AM
GuerillaGorilla posted...
Anyone else got a problem with this 3DS?

Sorry to hear that. :( My FE 3DS is working just fine.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#8PlaysaverPosted 2/16/2013 1:45:06 PM
Did you try removing the lens protector. I'm betting anything they are not clear.