Do think when 3DS gets a new Zelda, it'll feel more like a console Zelda rather

#1tangnetsPosted 2/16/2013 12:16:00 AM
than the top down view of all the other handheld Zeldas? I honestly hope it's a full 3D adventure with a camera similar to the 3D console Zelda games. I think there's a chance. Or maybe it'll be something different, like how mario 3D land was.
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--
#21upsuperPosted 2/16/2013 12:21:08 AM(edited)
Hm. I'd prefer a true 2D(-esque) Zelda game to a 3D, "console" Zelda, but I'd probably take a 3D Zelda over ones like the DS Zelda games, if that makes any sense.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/1upsuper
#3tangnets(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 12:22:17 AM
Yeah it does. The DS titles were honestly among the worst Zelda games
---
-------MISSION--------
--ACCOMPLISHED--
#4n00bsaib0tPosted 2/16/2013 12:38:15 AM
I don't want to see the top-down view Zelda games die. I'm hoping that a new 3DS Zelda would have top down view but ditch the touch controls. 3D Zelda is great too, but I'm hoping the handheld market will be the way to appeal to fans of the top-down view style.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#5jedinatPosted 2/16/2013 12:53:53 AM
If it is top-down, I want something like more like Minish Cap than the other 2D Zeldas... instead of the whole miniature thing they could do something with a "3D" motif I suppose... heck Minish Cap had a few Zelda 2-esque side-view segments. They could do something interesting there I think...

Though, of course, I'd prefer a full-blown 3rd person Zelda title if possible..
#6IAznDragonI YanPosted 2/16/2013 1:59:16 AM

actually they wouldn't have been as bad if they removed the stylus only controls and didn't make that phantom king dungeon so freaking long and repetitive. there are codes that changes the controls but i haven't tried it yet
---
X: X... you called me X... is that my name?
Dr. Light: That's right. It's a variable. It represents unlimited potential.
#7Someguy_13Posted 2/16/2013 2:13:46 AM
tangnets posted...

Phantom Hourglass was.
Spirit Tracks was among the better games.

Anyway the next Zelda should be top down, visually it should look something like a prettier version of Four Swords Adventure.

Alternatively something like Super Mario 3D Land, where it falls somewhere between the two styles.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#8Zero_ManiacPosted 2/16/2013 5:24:48 AM
Someguy_13 posted...
tangnets posted...

Phantom Hourglass was.

Nope. ST was a little better, but not up to par with the rest of the series. Good game maybe, but a terrible Zelda game.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.
#9AceMosPosted 2/16/2013 5:39:37 AM
Zero_Maniac posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
tangnets posted...

Phantom Hourglass was.

Nope. ST was a little better, but not up to par with the rest of the series. Good game maybe, but a terrible Zelda game.

ST is in my top 5

SS >OoT > TP >ST > OoX (i ptu both oracle games together as 1 game)
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#10l3igl3ossPosted 2/16/2013 5:42:47 AM
What if it was top down view with a dynamic camera that pans around as you turn, kinda like GTA China Town Wars for the DS and PSP? Mix the best of both worlds, really.