Do think when 3DS gets a new Zelda, it'll feel more like a console Zelda rather

#11mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 8:21:51 AM
1upsuper posted...
Hm. I'd prefer a true 2D(-esque) Zelda game to a 3D, "console" Zelda, but I'd probably take a 3D Zelda over ones like the DS Zelda games, if that makes any sense.

It does. DS Zelda games sucked. There's a d-pad and buttons right there, how about some accurate controls Nintendo?
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#12lucascgPosted 2/16/2013 8:44:10 AM
Phantom Hourglass was decent. Spirit Track was atrocious. It wasn't just a bad Zelda game, it was a bad game overall.
---
F this sig! F... for FABULOUS!
Steam - Luke | PSN - LucasCostantini | 3DS - 5043-1586-1522
#13surferguy7Posted 2/16/2013 8:51:33 AM
Oh the stylus controls were broken? Because they worked fine for me. I guess I should try flailing my arms around and complaining about it rather than learning how to play the damn game. Maybe then I'll see that they're broken.

Anyways:

Phantom Hourglass was forgettable, but still a good game.
Spirit Tracks was a masterpiece.
---
This is the internet, all opinions are considered invalid.
#14MATADOR480Posted 2/16/2013 8:59:01 AM(edited)
I actually quite enjoyed the 2 DS games. I liked PH more for the liberty of sailing as opposed to being constrained to tracks the whole time, but both were excellent games. The only crappy thing about PH was that ocean king temple or whatever it was called, pretty boring after the 5th time through. But I thought they were both great. The control scheme was pretty different but nothing too bad, unlike KI:U.
I wouldn't mind any type of Zelda. 3d or 2d they never fail to be good. I would love a Wind Walker port though.
---
3DS FC: 5456-0191-1034 PSN ID: MATADOR480 (PM if you add)
#15DavCubePosted 2/16/2013 8:55:25 AM
It's reeeeally up in the air. And honestly, PH and ST should have little bearing on the matter since we always have little idea what they'll actually do with new Zelda titles.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#16KaitaNuvaPosted 2/16/2013 10:43:01 AM(edited)
What the hell is with the hate for Phantom Hourglass? Other than the really long dungeon, it was fantastic. It was my first Zelda game. Spirit Tracks sucked, though, in comparison to PH.

Now I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D as my 3rd Zelda game and I honestly cannot see how OMG ITS SO MUCH WORSE Phantom Hourglass was.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#17AceMosPosted 2/16/2013 10:47:22 AM
KaitaNuva posted...
What the hell is with the hate for Phantom Hourglass? Other than the really long dungeon, it was fantastic. It was my first Zelda game. Spirit Tracks sucked, though, in comparison to PH.

Now I'm playing Ocarina of Time 3D as my 3rd Zelda game and I honestly cannot see how OMG ITS SO MUCH WORSE Phantom Hourglass was.

ST did every thing PH did and more and fixed that anoying super logn dungeon BS that u had to do between every dungeon

Ph was also a BIT of a rehash plot wise
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#18AnclationPosted 2/16/2013 10:53:57 AM
I hope so, but I suspect Nintendo will make the 3DS Zelda more non-traditional/gimmicky, in order to not distract attention from the "true" 3D Zelda that the Wii U will be getting. Maybe they'll try mixing 3D and 2D like in Super Mario 3D Land.
#19Someguy_13Posted 2/16/2013 4:37:09 PM
AceMos posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...
Someguy_13 posted...
tangnets posted...
Yeah it does. The DS titles were honestly among the worst Zelda games

Phantom Hourglass was.
Spirit Tracks was among the better games.

Nope. ST was a little better, but not up to par with the rest of the series. Good game maybe, but a terrible Zelda game.

ST is in my top 5

SS >OoT > TP >ST > OoX (i ptu both oracle games together as 1 game)

Your top 5 is strikingly similar to mine.

Oracles (as one) tied with SS>
OoT>
Zelda II>
FSA (but only full co-op)

If FSA isn't full co-op then ST takes it's place.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010