Anybody miss a bit of nostalgia factor with Fire Emblem Awakening?

#1TeremeiPosted 2/16/2013 1:55:00 AM
I am not a series vet or anything. But I did play both Sacred Stones and Shadow Dragon and enjoyed them very much for different reasons. SS for the grinding and SD for the choices I had to make.

This game looks good don't get me wrong, but I do kinda miss the GBA/DS graphics of the other 2 games. There are also little OCD things I would do. During each attack I would press the dpad and buttons at different intervals. Sort of a twitch I guess. Can't do that here without constantly changing the camera and battle speed. My "twitch" now makes the game itself twitch.

I also don't like DLC or spotpass would rather play the game without it (the games got enough great characters without addin gmore) however in order to grind AND play in Hard mode you have no other choice. So I'm playing in Normal so I can avoid any and all DLC as well as max out all of my characters.

I still enjoy it, but I do have a bit of nostalgia for the older look.
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#2jedinatPosted 2/16/2013 1:56:52 AM
That was really boring. Tell us how you handle your toilet paper next. Fold or crumple?
#3Teremei(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:58:06 AM
What did you expect in game messege board? An idea to steal for an epic sweeping adventure book?
---
B2FC: 3268 4276 3305 last $$: Persona 4 Golden LE, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Harvest Moon ANB
Playing:
#4PuddingchanPosted 2/16/2013 4:57:10 AM
I got unconstructive replies on my topic too from the same person.

I haven't had my 3DS XL yet but I'm playing the GBA games for a while. I'm enjoying them for now that I question myself continuously if I really ever needed a 3DS XL at this moment.

Hard Mode might be doable without DLC. Probably just difficult as one of the people involved in making the game had said about it.
#5PuddingchanPosted 2/16/2013 4:58:23 AM(edited)
GBA Fire Emblem games by the way.
#6holyknight14Posted 2/16/2013 5:05:54 AM
Fire Emblem Awkening paid enough homage to its roots by keeping that horribly dated field map look. Things change, roll with it.
#7Shadow2790xPosted 2/16/2013 5:33:41 AM
Fire Emblem Awkening paid enough homage to its roots by keeping that horribly dated field map look. Things change, roll with it.

No.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#8Zero_ManiacPosted 2/16/2013 6:05:47 AM
Puddingchan posted...
I got unconstructive replies on my topic too from the same person.

I haven't had my 3DS XL yet but I'm playing the GBA games for a while. I'm enjoying them for now that I question myself continuously if I really ever needed a 3DS XL at this moment.

Hard Mode might be doable without DLC. Probably just difficult as one of the people involved in making the game had said about it.

Is hard mode really that hard? I've heard it was basically normal mode.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.
#9TAoRPosted 2/16/2013 6:17:41 AM
Hard actually typical Fire Emblem difficulty. Normal is intended for people new to the series.
---
Oh, oh, oh ice-cold milk and an oreo cookie...
#10Zero_ManiacPosted 2/16/2013 6:22:16 AM(edited)
TAoR posted...
Hard actually typical Fire Emblem difficulty. Normal is intended for people new to the series.

Oh ok. I'm doing Hard anyways.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: OoT 3D and FE: Awakening.