Anybody miss a bit of nostalgia factor with Fire Emblem Awakening?

#11holyknight14Posted 2/16/2013 1:30:32 PM
Shadow2790x posted...
No.

That the best your brain could muster?
#12aamotPosted 2/16/2013 1:47:39 PM(edited)
Is hard mode really that hard? I've heard it was basically normal mode.

Hard is more difficult than past Normals, but Normal is easier than past Normals. It's the closest this game has to a "Normal" mode, but it's by no means normal in difficulty.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#13ptreemf12Posted 2/16/2013 2:16:27 PM(edited)
aamot posted...
Is hard mode really that hard? I've heard it was basically normal mode.

Hard is more difficult than past Normals, but Normal is easier than past Normals. It's the closest this game has to a "Normal" mode, but it's by no means normal in difficulty.

Hard mode to me is very similar to FE 6 normal mode. I have played and finished 7 and 8 many times, and they are both WAY easier than hard mode in FE:A. Of course, the difficulty of hard becomes trivial if you grind a lot.

FE:A feels much more like past Fire Emblem games if you don't abuse reclassing. I'm currently playing and the only units I reclassed are my Avatar to thief, Morgan to theif, and Donny to mercenary. Every other unit I am not reclassing. I also promote all my units at 20, and don't care about passing down uber skills. The game is great this way, and there are early game moments that are actually pretty challenging without early reclassing/grinding.

I highly recommend playing this way. Lots of fun.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#14ashphoenix77Posted 2/16/2013 2:17:19 PM
jedinat posted...
That was really boring. Tell us how you handle your toilet paper next. Fold or crumple?

fold? if got shi...stuff to do no time for folding poop paper! crumple all the way!
---
Xbox 360 :Avendosorra / PSN: augustheat77
35 - Idol-- Account Created Monday, April 4, 2005 6:24 PM
#15Mega_RatPosted 2/16/2013 2:22:20 PM
You don't need to grind on Hard. Lunatic yeah as it would be extremely difficult, but Hard is generally fair.

I grinded because I was just playing for fun and wanted the support conversations and paralogue chapters. My next run is going to be a no grind run on hard.
---
My wonderful girlfriend is a smexy Bunuppy! A cross breed of a bunny and a puppy .. WHAT! O_O
http://i.imgur.com/nddzs.jpg <- My name in a game (MSFHD)! :D
#16aamotPosted 2/16/2013 2:56:26 PM
jedinat posted...
That was really boring. Tell us how you handle your toilet paper next. Fold or crumple?

fold? if got shi...stuff to do no time for folding poop paper! crumple all the way!

But if you crumple how do you know there aren't little holes in your TP wad?! Folding is the only safe way.
---
"I dare you to make less sense."
#17ACx7Posted 2/16/2013 3:21:26 PM
The only thing that I found to be missing are all the different attacks and critical animations. Most of them just look the same now. :(

But the game overall is fantastic.
#18NeonYoshi11Posted 2/16/2013 4:31:32 PM
uh no.

This is creating that Nostalgia all over again, but naturally.

I will look back 5-10 years from now and love this game like I do now when I played FE 7 about 5 years ago.

I have the same feeling with this game as I did with all the N64 Classics that I played.