A dilemma with game stop about a game.

#1SpeedstersonicPosted 2/16/2013 1:11:48 AM
So got a game earlier today, I wanted to get the 3ds prof layton game. Well I went in and looked for it used but I only would get it used if they had a box, they had the game but no box, so I bought it new. Well I didn't pay attention when it was bagged cause I was talking to the other clerk(not the one ringing me up) about Fire Emblem.

Well when I got home I was like, wait, I bought this new, but it's not shrink wrapped. Saw the nintendo code was still in there and the pamphlet and all, but I was like, no they didn't. Put the game in and there was a save on it, by the name of adam, one puzzle done... I really got a game that one of the damn employees tried out and sold it to me new.

I live in the country and driving back there is a 2 to 3 hour drive. Should I call in CS? Should I take pictures of the screen with the save? Idk if I should even pursuit trying to get something in return for this at least $10 gift card the difference between the new and used price atm? Idk, sure that guy might be out of a job if i reference the transaction, but then again he did wrong so should I care?
---
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.
#2jedinatPosted 2/16/2013 1:13:22 AM
Stupid employees at your gamestop. But why didn't you buy it new for $15 online from Best Buy?
#3wufei8706Posted 2/16/2013 1:14:36 AM
I read on CE (yeah lolCE) but someone who works there says that they can "borrow" games as long as they have at least one in stock.
I dunno. That's bs bro.
---
http://i45.tinypic.com/4sl82r.jpg http://i.imgur.com/Uu5mm.png
#4SkittyOnWailordPosted 2/16/2013 1:15:44 AM
IMO you should call customer service and tell them. It'll probably get you further than going back into the store.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
/)*(\
#5Speedstersonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:16:46 AM
jedinat posted...
Stupid employees at your gamestop. But why didn't you buy it new for $15 online from Best Buy?

Well, I didn't know it was that cheap at best buy >.<
---
A man who trusts everyone is a fool, and a man who trusts no one is a fool. We are all fools, if we live long enough.
#6jedinatPosted 2/16/2013 1:17:52 AM
Speedstersonic posted...
jedinat posted...

Well, I didn't know it was that cheap at best buy >.<

lol, it and Kid Icarus were up for $15 for a while earlier today/yesterday... now out of stock.
#7Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 2/16/2013 1:18:30 AM
SkittyOnWailord posted...
IMO you should call customer service and tell them. It'll probably get you further than going back into the store.

Do this dont go back to store if it really takes you 2-3 hours for them to say " no refund it was new" Hopefully you get this settled gamestop is so crap yet ppl go there anyway :/
---
My 5 Favortive Games of all time are 1) Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. 2) Phantasy Star Online EP 1&2. 3) Star Ocean Till The End Of Time. 4) MGS 2 PS2. 5) FF 9
#8Speedstersonic(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:21:06 AM
Xx5ILLYR4BBITxX posted...
SkittyOnWailord posted...

Do this dont go back to store if it really takes you 2-3 hours for them to say " no refund it was new" Hopefully you get this settled gamestop is so crap yet ppl go there anyway :/

I don't usually, but I was around there for a doctor appointment, I mostly buy online, and I did find Code of Princess there used and cheap intact.
---
#9darkness1018Posted 2/16/2013 1:29:41 AM
Speedstersonic posted...
So got a game earlier today, I wanted to get the 3ds prof layton game. Well I went in and looked for it used but I only would get it used if they had a box, they had the game but no box, so I bought it new. Well I didn't pay attention when it was bagged cause I was talking to the other clerk(not the one ringing me up) about Fire Emblem.

Well when I got home I was like, wait, I bought this new, but it's not shrink wrapped. Saw the nintendo code was still in there and the pamphlet and all, but I was like, no they didn't. Put the game in and there was a save on it, by the name of adam, one puzzle done... I really got a game that one of the damn employees tried out and sold it to me new.

I live in the country and driving back there is a 2 to 3 hour drive. Should I call in CS? Should I take pictures of the screen with the save? Idk if I should even pursuit trying to get something in return for this at least $10 gift card the difference between the new and used price atm? Idk, sure that guy might be out of a job if i reference the transaction, but then again he did wrong so should I care?

This same thing happened to me when i bought Golden Sun: Dark Dawn new last month for $20 at GS. It was the last copy so it was open, i took it home and put it in my 3DS and there was a save file with about 17 hrs on it.
---
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
3DS XL FC: 1693-0734-3733
#10iMURDAuPosted 2/16/2013 4:48:37 AM
They tried the same crap with me when I got FFV Advance. I asked for it, the clerk grabbed a copy not shrink wrapped and I said hold up I want a new copy, he tried to tell me it was new. I said I want an unopened copy or I'm walking out and he gave me the "you bastard" look and lifted up the display case revealing unopened copies. Turned me off of Gamestop. I'd contact customer service if I were you. Might not get anywhere but some effort is better than none.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade