A dilemma with game stop about a game.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. A dilemma with game stop about a game.
4 years ago#11
Quote:So got a game earlier today, I wanted to get the 3ds prof layton game. Well I went in and looked for it used but I only would get it used if they had a box, they had the game but no box, so I bought it new. Well I didn't pay attention when it was bagged cause I was talking to the other clerk(not the one ringing me up) about Fire Emblem.

Well when I got home I was like, wait, I bought this new, but it's not shrink wrapped. Saw the nintendo code was still in there and the pamphlet and all, but I was like, no they didn't. Put the game in and there was a save on it, by the name of adam, one puzzle done... I really got a game that one of the damn employees tried out and sold it to me new.

I live in the country and driving back there is a 2 to 3 hour drive. Should I call in CS? Should I take pictures of the screen with the save? Idk if I should even pursuit trying to get something in return for this at least $10 gift card the difference between the new and used price atm? Idk, sure that guy might be out of a job if i reference the transaction, but then again he did wrong so should I care?

@Speedstersonic

damn, that's stupid since you can't delete save files in Professor Layton, at least you can overwrite it...
He had no friends, this Jonah Hex, but he did have two companions: one was death itself... the other, the acrid smell of gunsmoke.
4 years ago#12
Same thing has happened to me. That's why I ***never*** buy that "last copy" of a "new" game from there anymore.
~" A chat with you, and somehow death loses its sting."~
4 years ago#13
with all the shady stuff game stop does i won't ever shop there again last thing i ever bought was a ds lite new sealed 5 years ago
Thalia, Guardian of Thraben sometimes she hits me first!!!!
4 years ago#14
This is partly why I'll stick to buying new games online or at other stores. I only ever go to GS now to get accessories or used games that are cheaper there.

Honestly, I'd call customer service and see what they could do.
4 years ago#15
I think we should all lodge an official complaint/petition/something to Gamestop to get this changed. (As long as it's kept professional; not just an incoherent ragedump. It's generally hard to take those seriously.) Even those who aren't Gamestop haters have to admit that this is bullcrap. I have very few bad experiences with Gamestop, but this has always annoyed me. (But it's never happened to me when I buy new there - my games have always still been shrink wrapped.)
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s277/keyblader1985/keyblader.jpg
You only need one T-Rex to make the point, though. ~ Samus Sedai
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. A dilemma with game stop about a game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived