I just finished talking to a Club Nintendo representative.

#21MetalLokiPosted 2/16/2013 5:59:58 PM
abbyhitter posted...
Sakurafanboy posted...
I'm irked because I got my XL on launch, so I don't qualify. BOOOOOOOOO D: Oh well.

This. I already registered mine too.

This promotion should apply to all registered XL owners.

Why?
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#22nintendoggerPosted 2/16/2013 6:20:48 PM
Roksu posted...
They prolly want to entice new XL buyers, which is good, since I'm planning to upgrade soon and I'll be getting both games anyway.

This was my thought. It's incredible the sense of entitlement some people are feeling... it's obviously not an apology like the ambassador games were for the price drop (using that term loosely, calm yourself) it's a business strategy to entice new XL buyers. Oh well, I'll let people do what they want.
---
"Bruh, time to face reality, the Ravens suck." -VonMiller (January 2013) Ravens Superbowl Champions 2013!!
#23vu_cometPosted 2/16/2013 6:28:51 PM
The world is so entitled to hand outs.

:\
---
With your bad back, I don't think you should be picking up any girls.
I went ice fishing the other day and all I caught was a cold.
#24KurenoPosted 2/16/2013 8:02:09 PM
90sRetroGaming posted...
Kureno posted...
I kind of wish Style Savvy was one of the free games. I'm mostly holding out for a X/Y XL bundle, though, since there won't be a MH3U one in the States.

Style Savvy is currently $19.99 at Best Buy, online and in-store if you want it for cheap. i already ordered a copy yesterday for my niece and it already shipped this morning. might want to jump on this deal asap if possible.

Thanks for the heads-up, man. Wasn't aware it was part of the deals.
---
Loading new signature. Please wait.
#25PyjamaHeroPosted 2/16/2013 8:04:49 PM
Are you guys joking? Can you imagine this entitled crying in any other situation?

"I bought my car as a new model but now at the end of the model year they have deals! I want the deal!"

"I bought a tv in June and the same tv is on sale this Black Friday! Give me the sale price!"

"I got 2 chicken sandwiches at BK yesterday and now they're BOGO! Give me back 50%!"

Promotions are designed to lure hold out buyers in or move units that have slowed down. If you already purchased an XL you decided AT THAT TIME that it was worth the price they were asking. For those of you who registered within the last two weeks I agree NOA should throw you a bone, but to think that they should grandfather in every person who has ever bought an XL is ludicrous.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#26ZanimarPosted 2/16/2013 8:10:42 PM
Geez, there are a lot of greedy people in this topic. Just because Nintendo does this promotion does not mean you get to all of a sudden have the right to the same things.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fx4HYOunLc&feature=plcp
3DS FC - 3007-8283-2971
#27ACx7Posted 2/16/2013 8:18:54 PM
jedinat posted...
LinkMaster2703 posted...
The sense of entitlement of people these days sickens me. I can't believe the amount of whiners who think that because they already bought a 3DS XL they should get the free game anyways. News flash: this promotion is to entice people who don't have an XL to buy one, not to reward people that already own one.

Wow you penetrated to the intricacies of the motivations governing NoA's machinations, you genius you. Now we don't want a free game anymore, now that we know what's going on. Thanks to you. Thanks man.

Not exactly sure why you're being a smartass here. He's 100% right. If you bought the system last year, you're not a new customer. Which is what this promotion is for. Stop crying.
#28ferofaxPosted 2/17/2013 6:22:46 AM
So... another batch of scambassadors, then?
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#29VyersPosted 2/17/2013 6:40:04 AM
LinkMaster2703 posted...
The sense of entitlement of people these days sickens me. I can't believe the amount of whiners who think that because they already bought a 3DS XL they should get the free game anyways. News flash: this promotion is to entice people who don't have an XL to buy one, not to reward people that already own one.

So basically, Nintendo is rewarding people for not buying their games, and ignoring the people who do.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Latest YouTube upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zcAJVPvo8 Pokemon Snap, Part 2
#30FieldTornOutlawPosted 2/17/2013 7:56:47 AM
Registered the day after Christmas!!! Bahhhhhhh.
---
3DS FC: 1306-5162-1328