''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20"

#141SMASHKING84Posted 2/20/2013 3:03:59 AM
Rurouni720 posted...
Vyers posted...
I think that people should see it from another perspective. Instead of it being "Mario games suck" - generally they are quite good to great - Sony is taking a pot shot at Nintendo for relying too much on Mario, as well as other franchises, instead of really pushing for new franchises. If there's one thing that Sony did the best this generation, it was to establish many new franchises instead of relying on its established ones, too much.

It's sorta hard to, considering the "Oh look, another X game" sentence comes off pretty snarky tbh. However i agree with that Sony's new 1st Party IP efforts were fantastic for the 7th gen, and i'd like to see more of that from Nintendo with how very talented their studios are as well. Xenoblade definitely comes into mind.

Look nintendo already has dozens of ips not counting spinoffs
mario,zelda,star fox,metriod,kirby,pokemon,fire emblem,yoshi,donkey kong,fzero,etc.

How many Big name ips does sony have?
uncharted,killzone,sly cooper,and god of war
(no crash bandicot and spyro don't count they're made by third parties as evidenced by the fact they been on NON sony systems)
keep in mind i said big name so games like patapon wouldn't really count.

Big name means that even people who never played a ps game has at least HEARD of these games.
the same applies to nintendo all those series are big name.

And speaking of mario spinoffs.
New ip=low chance of succeeding new ip+popular brand=low risk

in other words mario party sells while wii party wouldn't,you see where i'm going here right?
Mario is nintendo's mascot not using him to promote new ips would be down right stupid.

The point i was trying to make is nintendo already has lots of ips,so it'd be hard for them to make another series that succeeds.

Look at the wii series they TRIED to make a new ip and it failed you wanted nintendo to make new ips maybe you shouldn't force them to make to ONLY make games for hardcore players.

And i highly doubt sony will still be making new ips when ps5 rolls arround they'll either quit because new ips rarely succeed in the modern era,or they got lazy.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#142n00bsaib0tPosted 2/20/2013 3:27:29 AM
Rurouni720 posted...
Vyers posted...
I think that people should see it from another perspective. Instead of it being "Mario games suck" - generally they are quite good to great - Sony is taking a pot shot at Nintendo for relying too much on Mario, as well as other franchises, instead of really pushing for new franchises. If there's one thing that Sony did the best this generation, it was to establish many new franchises instead of relying on its established ones, too much.

It's sorta hard to, considering the "Oh look, another X game" sentence comes off pretty snarky tbh. However i agree with that Sony's new 1st Party IP efforts were fantastic for the 7th gen, and i'd like to see more of that from Nintendo with how very talented their studios are as well. Xenoblade definitely comes into mind.

Xenoblade is a sequel to a PS1 game. It's hardly capable of falling under the definition of a "new Nintendo IP".

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xeno_(series)
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#143SMASHKING84Posted 2/20/2013 3:32:28 AM
xenoblade=/=xenosaga or xenogears.

xenoblade was made by a completely different company then xenosaga and xenogears

this is like saying the legend of kage is a zelda game. similar name=/=same game.
---
Jirachi is the best pokemon
Master of deceit.
#144IHeartMetroidPosted 2/20/2013 3:32:29 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Vyers posted...

Xenoblade is a sequel to a PS1 game. It's hardly capable of falling under the definition of a "new Nintendo IP".

Hey, good job using an outdated mobile wiki entry to try to fool people into believing your post. You might even be able to convince someone, if they're stupid enough. But for the rest of the world, any especially to anyone who has actually played Xenoblade, they know that the game was originally titled Monado: Beginning of the World, the game was retitled Xenoblade in January 2010 to honour Tetsuya Takahashi and has no relation at all to the PS1 title.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.
#145krazykillerkowPosted 2/20/2013 5:11:21 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Vyers posted...

Well you might be able to convince someone that has never heard of a Xeno game to believe that.
---
That don't bother me, I don't exist.-carsauce on the subject of vitasurance
#146Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 5:33:06 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Vyers posted...

As many others have quoted above, that'd false info and i recommend getting that checked out.
#147MxylbobatorPosted 2/20/2013 5:38:17 AM
Stay classy Sony.
---
I'm a super pro player. It's like I'm Metroid himself in the suit. ~GoukiAkujiki
#148iMURDAuPosted 2/20/2013 6:14:07 AM
Someone needs to play Xenoblade apparently. Its not a sequel to anything. Its pretty much common knowledge that it was retitled from Monado.

"Xenoblade (Xenoblade Chronicles in English speaking regions) would be the first Xeno game developed after being bought by Nintendo. Originally titled Monado: Beginning of the World, the game was retitled Xenoblade in January 2010 to honour Tetsuya Takahashi, and tie it into the rest of the Xeno series."

Its connected to the other games in name only. There is zero part of that game that ties into any of the other Xeno-games. Which is why its such a good game. Now watch me get flamed for that last sentence.

Anyway I can't wait to hear from Sony about the new system that my friends will pay $500 to play Madden on. I'm still on the fence about getting a PS3 for GTAV as its the only game I really want for the system. Consoles just aren't doing it for me anymore. And now I will go visit the Wii U board and see how many reassurance topics occupy the top 20 active spots.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#149n00bsaib0tPosted 2/20/2013 6:18:35 AM
IHeartMetroid posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
Rurouni720 posted...
Vyers posted...

Hey, good job using an outdated mobile wiki entry to try to fool people into believing your post. You might even be able to convince someone, if they're stupid enough. But for the rest of the world, any especially to anyone who has actually played Xenoblade, they know that the game was originally titled Monado: Beginning of the World, the game was retitled Xenoblade in January 2010 to honour Tetsuya Takahashi and has no relation at all to the PS1 title.

Try and fool people? Do you bother to think before you type? If you google it, that's the first thing that pops up. Pretty much anyone who has tried to look up Xenoblade sees that. Use some common sense for a second.

And yes, mobile wiki. Excuse me for only having an Android tablet right now while my PC is being shipped to another god damn country.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#150IHeartMetroidPosted 2/20/2013 6:22:04 AM
"Use some common sense for a second."

Considering everyone that tore you a new one for your blatant dishonesty, I think you should take your own advice. People here aren't as stupid as you think they are. Trying to pull crap over on them like you did will quickly find yourself exposed.
---
Currently ignoring 3 users.
If I haven't responded to a post directly addressed to me, that's probably why.