''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20"

#181Godstriker8Posted 2/21/2013 12:35:04 AM
I thought Killzone looked pretty good.... It at least proved how much more powerful it is than the Wii U. Just look at that carrier part, where there flying through the city with a crisp framerate, hundred of objects flying by the screen, and all the lighting effects(Especially the reflection off the buildings)
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#182iMURDAuPosted 2/21/2013 5:50:06 AM
Oh so I'm supposed to be excited for Wii U because there is the built in excuse of its only been out since November that's why there are no RPGs or interesting games coming out soon? What kind of logic is that?

I didn't buy a 3DS on launch, I've only had one since this past September. When Wii U has a lineup of games worth throwing money at and will occupy some time I'll be more interested. Which caused Subaru to reply "what about the games that were announced?" to which I still reply "what games? and when?".

PS3 had the hook of you can play movies and games on it. What is PS4's hook? Killzone? LMAO. They better lay it on heavy at E3, check the potd because I'm not the only one thinking "meh". Apparently I'm part of a majority.

My point is that these next gen systems need to offer GAMES. New Mario U might sell some systems but what is going to keep people playing their Wii U until fall? Wind Waker I guess. Nintendo didn't think that through apparently. Its like they didn't learn from the 3DS launch. Now in a year and a half from now things might be different but currently I see no reason to own a Wii U or have any real anticipation for either of the other future consoles.
---
Make the worst possible retailer an exclusive for a masterpiece game.. It's like putting Rolex into a Walmart."
-LordClyde on Gamestop selling Xenoblade
#183VyersPosted 2/21/2013 4:33:33 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
iMURDAu posted...
What games did Nintendo announce for Wii U that I should care about? All I've seen lately is an early build of a Monolith game which has my attention and that's about it. There is a serious drought going on with that system. What is even listed for the next 3 months?

03/05

The Amazing Spider-Man: Ultimate Edition

03/18

LEGO City Undercover

03/19

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - A Criterion ...

The Croods: Prehistoric Party!

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

04/16

Injustice: Gods Among Us

05/21

Resident Evil: Revelations

Ye gods that's pretty sparse. Compare that to 3DS... Castlevania, Animal Crossing, Etrian IV, Luigi's Mansion 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. That's the 5 games I think will sell the most, oh and there's also a SMT game listed with an April release. I'll be more interested in Wii U once that Monolith game gets closer to release and Smash Bros is a reality. Unless they announce GTAV I'm avoiding it for now.

You're comparing a system that's been out for almost 2 years, to a system that just released in November. Your logic is just....ugh...

He did that, yes. However, he also asked for an incentive to buy the Wii U. Excluding ports and multi-console titles, LEGO City Undercover is the only game I can see that really seems decent. This is what keeps getting Nintendo in trouble - them being cocky. They NEED to know how important it is to keep a very consistent release cycle. How much effort is required to have even one title of theirs announced for the period of March to May? Seriously.
---
Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/Negative_Hippie
Latest YouTube upload: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_zcAJVPvo8 Pokemon Snap, Part 2
#184KamilPosted 2/21/2013 4:44:12 PM
Are there really going to be console/handheld wars again? Not since the Sega Genesis and the Super Nintendo has such a war been seen!
---
slowbeef: Hold on it's the evil wizard who's spinning and striking a pose. And also giant swords, why the hell not.
Retsupurae on Earnest Evans, a wacky game!
#185Rurouni720(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 4:50:56 PM
Vyers posted...

He did that, yes. However, he also asked for an incentive to buy the Wii U. Excluding ports and multi-console titles, LEGO City Undercover is the only game I can see that really seems decent. This is what keeps getting Nintendo in trouble - them being cocky. They NEED to know how important it is to keep a very consistent release cycle. How much effort is required to have even one title of theirs announced for the period of March to May? Seriously.

Nintendo do know that, and have admitted that they've had nothing from Jan/Feb due to internal delays with their software titles. Hence the reason why they couldn't make it into the launch window unfortunately.