''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20"

#21Mariofan15Posted 2/16/2013 5:59:34 PM
Haha and Sony fans claim to be mature, when the people they blindly follow act like brats.

This. Sony fans really are the worst. More so when their precious company acts like this.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#22gransPosted 2/16/2013 6:03:14 PM
Wait, Sony actually tweeted this?

I guess so. Not much different from their past tactics actually. Classless as usual of course. I don't have anything against Sony's systems or games at all for the record, I adore the PS1 and PS2 in particular (some of my favorites). Their attitude in marketing however stinks and tends to be incredibly juvenile. Reminds me of Sega's old ads. But hey, it only reduces their potential sales so it's their problem.

I'm surprised american representatives actually let their marketting team trashtalk competitors.

Even in my country that is considered unethical.

Aye. I actually don't think the Japanese division pulls this sort of tactic as much either.

It's also a dumb business tactic to toss out slights at the competion's audience's tastes. Not just because it's rude and uncalled for, but it can drive away customers on that side that might have bought a Sony system as well as a Nintendo one. Nintendo has generally been smart enough to avoid this tactic, at least in this day and age. They tried vaguely to participate in it during the SNES era but they figured out for themselves that tactics like that don't work and are bad for business in the long term.

It's games and substance that drive the business, not marketing words comparable to immature political mud slinging ads. If you have the substance to compete legitimately, then you don't need the mud slinging. In fact, the mud slinging only hurts you as a company whether you have games to back you up or not. No one likes a sore loser OR a sore winner, they both make your situation worse .
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#23Lord_FroodPosted 2/16/2013 6:07:17 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
Haha and Sony fans claim to be mature, when the people they blindly follow act like brats.

This. Sony fans really are the worst. More so when their precious company acts like this.

I'm a Sony fan. Way to stereotype.
---
Her name is Koko, she is loco, I said oh no!
Official Something or Other of That One Group
#24Enigma149Posted 2/16/2013 6:08:25 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

It's because Sony acts like this that Sony fanboys act the way they do.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#25MetalLokiPosted 2/16/2013 6:10:21 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Mariofan15 posted...

>_>
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#26Mariofan15Posted 2/16/2013 6:11:06 PM
Mariofan15 posted...

Not my fault it's true. Sure,not all of you act like that but it is a good chunk,though.
---
Pokemon White 2 FC:4513-9468-5924
#27thompsontalker7Posted 2/16/2013 6:11:46 PM
kuragari1anonly posted...
Owns both handhelds master race

And while I've been playing my 3DS more, it's only because I'm taking a break from my 85 hour Persona 4 Golden playthrough.
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!
#28Phantom_NookPosted 2/16/2013 6:13:44 PM
I'm surprised american representatives actually let their marketting team trashtalk competitors.

Even in my country that is considered unethical.

This was a lot more common during the SNES and N64 days. "Sega does what Nintendon't", anyone?
---
GT: Tommy XD001
3DS FC: 4682-8954-0442
#29kuragari1anonlyPosted 2/16/2013 6:16:58 PM
From: thompsontalker7 | Posted: 2/16/2013 8:11:46 PM | #027
kuragari1anonly posted...
Owns both handhelds master race

And while I've been playing my 3DS more, it's only because I'm taking a break from my 85 hour Persona 4 Golden playthrough.

My copy of Fire Emblem came in the mail finally, so that's going to distract my P4Ging, definitely. xD

All bets are off when Soul Sacrifice comes out though. And if Dragon Quest VII comes out, maaaan
---
Destroy them all! Shoot the core!
"I am in awe at your ability to break every game you touch xD" - Capt. McWaffleton
#30thompsontalker7Posted 2/16/2013 6:19:11 PM
Nah seriously, finish P4G beforehand, you'll feel better about yourself when you can move on to FE:A
---
Not removing this until Dr. Dre's Detox album is out. 11/22/08
THOU ART THEE ART THOU STICK THY HAND IN TV, DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!