Don't understand why people still hate dlc.

#11RazieruPosted 2/16/2013 6:44:14 PM
Got to love whiners whining about people whining. And you're still on your little "You're entitled to nothing" crusade I see, TC.

Anyway, it's because Nintendo doesn't know how to do it RIGHT. After all, they ARE the greenhorns in this here modern era trying to catch up still. They charge so much for so little. NSMB 2's DLC says it all.
---
I am the thing that keeps you up at night, the evil that haunts every dark corner of your mind.
#12thatmovingbushPosted 2/16/2013 6:50:08 PM
some companies do dlc well (Bethesda does it best).
---
Only stupid people make generalizations. No exceptions.
FC: 0516-7339-8901
#13yabPosted 2/16/2013 6:52:53 PM
I don't mind it as long as it's actual new content. Doesn't necessarily mean I'd pay for it, but I have no problem with it.
---
#14KingJaggiPosted 2/16/2013 6:55:08 PM
Razieru posted...
Got to love whiners whining about people whining. And you're still on your little "You're entitled to nothing" crusade I see, TC.

Anyway, it's because Nintendo doesn't know how to do it RIGHT. After all, they ARE the greenhorns in this here modern era trying to catch up still. They charge so much for so little. NSMB 2's DLC says it all.

But People hated dlc before Nintendo started doing it.
---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#15TinyTim123Posted 2/16/2013 6:58:22 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
I can only respect the decision to add DLC several months after a game is released, not DLC available right when the game is released.

Pretty much this. Also, Capcom's shenanigans of holding back the other 12 characters, when they were right the f- on the disc.
Stuff like maybe kicking ten bucks to upgrade my Street Fighter IV to the Super Edition beats what used to happen, where I'd buy the original on the SNES, then the year later Turbo comes out, and another $50 and so on.
As said before Bethseda does it good.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#16kdiz4321Posted 2/16/2013 7:02:53 PM
thatmovingbush posted...
some companies do dlc well (Bethesda does it best).

That's true, but there are so many companies that do it horribly that I would prefer to get rid of all of it and tell Bethesda devs to just start working on TES VI rather than having companies like EA and Capcom doing their stuff with their DLC.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#17PyjamaHeroPosted 2/16/2013 7:09:09 PM
I hate certain DLC.

Examples:

HATE Street Fighter IV charging for colors and costumes. This content was already created and on disc and they are charging for you to unlock it. Dirty and underhanded. Acceptable DLC would be new stages or characters.

LOVE the Skyrim DLC. A long addition to an already huge game that received work and manpower post release. Nearly expansion in size. The opposite of horse armor.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#1890sRetroGamingPosted 2/16/2013 9:46:45 PM
I'm pretty sure it has to do with the high cost of DLC...
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#19KurizakaPosted 2/16/2013 9:50:44 PM
I don't hate DLC, as I've purchased a fair share of it, but I do hate feeling like I'm being ripped off.
#20Carbuncle009Posted 2/16/2013 9:53:13 PM
PyjamaHero posted...
This content was already created and on disc and they are charging for you to unlock it. Dirty and underhanded. Acceptable DLC would be new stages or characters.

OH GOD ON-DISC DLC

The most unpure sin in the history of gaming
---
Can I put my Onix in your Cloyster? Yes: 7 No: 4 Maybe: 2
The Sapphire Carbuncle: Why I watch technicolor ponies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyYTKbC6tbw