My Gamestop says Fire Emblem stock won't come 'til March.

#2190sRetroGamingPosted 2/16/2013 8:00:43 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
90sRetroGaming posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...
Jesus

http://www.amazon.ca/Nintendo-Fire-Emblem-Awakening/dp/B00B8COPRS/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1361071256&sr=1-1

lmao

And, people say pre-ordering is stupid. Thank god I pre-ordered mine months in advance.

Pre-ordering is definatly NOT stupid. i usually just don't tend to unless a nice pre-order bonus is announced. i stalled on FE:A, never pre-ordered it and missed out initially.

I kept calling them everyday from release day onwards and 8 days later i got lucky and picked up an abandoned pre-order copy w/free artbook some guy never came in to pick up after 48 hours. and this was after another Gamestop employee (one of few cool ones i've known for a few years now) called another store in the area for me and confirmed that they had the game and the artbook just sitting there :).

Fortunatly i don't have to worry about Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing since those are already pre-ordered from Newegg for $30 each ;).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#22Apac4245Posted 2/16/2013 8:03:33 PM
MrKunio posted...
You gotta preorder. It ensures your store gets shipped a copy reserved for you. Might also have to do with how many copies of the physical game are being manufactured.

They cant estimate how many of these niche games are gonna sell, so theyre not gonna take the chance at ordering 20 copies because they didnt think they could sell 20 copies. Its hit or miss. In this case, they could have made more money if they had ordered more.

The store itself has to buy the game from the manufacturer to sell to you, they probably get the games at 1/2-3/4s the cost that we pay to them for the game. Its how they make money. In cases like this, where the highest chance of sale is preorder only, theyre probably not getting a good price for the game and not going to expect a big profit off this title.

If it were halo, or call of duty they could order 45 copies of the game and sell em all in a few days no problem, all over the country.

This is typically true for niche games like you mentioned. But the stores I have talked to (here in Chicago IL) did not even get enough copies to fill the pre-orders.

I've had a similar issue with gamestop in the past and it has lead me to never pre-order, or shop at gamestop often for that matter. I remember when Gears of War 1 first came out I had it reserved but something occurred with the shipment of the game. GS said they weren't gonna get it for almost a week. Walked into Best Buy and there were 30 of them on a front case.

Anyway before I digress too much, a lot of stores didn't even get enough copies to fill their pre-orders.
#23jazz36Posted 2/16/2013 8:10:03 PM
Got mine the day after it was to arrive. My Gamestop store had 4 copies, so I was lucky. I feel bad for those who haven't gotten it yet.
#24TeamBelmont91Posted 2/16/2013 8:18:53 PM
Apac4245 posted...
MrKunio posted...
You gotta preorder. It ensures your store gets shipped a copy reserved for you. Might also have to do with how many copies of the physical game are being manufactured.

They cant estimate how many of these niche games are gonna sell, so theyre not gonna take the chance at ordering 20 copies because they didnt think they could sell 20 copies. Its hit or miss. In this case, they could have made more money if they had ordered more.

The store itself has to buy the game from the manufacturer to sell to you, they probably get the games at 1/2-3/4s the cost that we pay to them for the game. Its how they make money. In cases like this, where the highest chance of sale is preorder only, theyre probably not getting a good price for the game and not going to expect a big profit off this title.

If it were halo, or call of duty they could order 45 copies of the game and sell em all in a few days no problem, all over the country.

This is typically true for niche games like you mentioned. But the stores I have talked to (here in Chicago IL) did not even get enough copies to fill the pre-orders.

I've had a similar issue with gamestop in the past and it has lead me to never pre-order, or shop at gamestop often for that matter. I remember when Gears of War 1 first came out I had it reserved but something occurred with the shipment of the game. GS said they weren't gonna get it for almost a week. Walked into Best Buy and there were 30 of them on a front case.

Anyway before I digress too much, a lot of stores didn't even get enough copies to fill their pre-orders.

Well, pre-orders can work towards or against your advantages, though rarely it can work immediately towards your advantages if you've got friend or comrades working at EB Games/Gamestop, especially if they're local stores in your town/city.

For example, since one of my best buds works at my local EB Games, I was quite interested in purchasing the PS3 version of Duke Nukem Foreve-

*is immediately surrounded by loaded and laser sight-aimed firearms*

H-HOLD IT! HERE ME OUT FOR ****'S SAKE!

Anyways, I was interested in purchasing a pre-order for D-...that game, and I've entirely forgotten that I was a day late to get the pre-order bonuses since the game had already been released the other day. But, since one of the employees knew me quite well since not only do I frequently purchase games/accessories from the store, but I also go to them for gaming tips and advice. So he sold me the game at its regular price with the bonuses free of charge. True story, mind you.
---
Making yourself "The official _____ of the ___ board" isn't giving you any bonus points, bub. Stop kidding yourself.
#25Devilman_AmonPosted 2/16/2013 8:24:23 PM
Hows the DLC worrk for this game?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#26BurgerTime79Posted 2/16/2013 8:55:12 PM
I just went through some financial stuff and got my tax return this week, so I was going to treat myself with picking this game up.
Found that Best Buy listed one store in my area as having it, so I ordered it for store pickup. Go to bed (I work nights) and wake up to find a call saying they don't have it. Yet I got an email stating it was ready for pick up. Drove down with my wife to run errands, and sure enough, no game. They said it may come in Monday, and they'll call when they have it.

Today I get a call at 6:30pm saying it's in. Drive down, no game. Someone decided to call without checking inventory because they saw I had one waiting pick up in the computer. The manager came over after they searched the back room and other store for 20 minutes and said he's deal with the person who called, and that they would compensate me.
---
Gordon Ramsay, the Mr Resetti of cooking
#27SakurafanboyPosted 2/16/2013 9:00:38 PM
Thankfully I got me and my girlfriend the last 2 copies at the local walmart. GameStop was completely out.
---
Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Proud fan of all that is Shaymin!
#28MetalLokiPosted 2/16/2013 9:02:21 PM
TC if you're near NY then Nintendo World has a lot in stock, they even still have the LE 3DS.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board and
Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem board.
#29JulesNeciPosted 2/16/2013 9:08:10 PM
My Target had a few copies last time I went there to get groceries. Amazon shipped my pre-order only seven days after release date - got it on Tuesday.
My Gamestop didn't have any, and I didn't bother asking, since the guy there would try to get me pre-order some other games.
Walmart: nope. Bestbuy: nope.
Your best bet now is Amazon, I guess? Don't break, my friend!
---
Since when is it such a crime to own a Vita and a 3DS and LOVE both of them?
#30PuddingchanPosted 2/17/2013 3:22:41 AM
I'm going to buy this first before my 3DS XL if they don't come together.

According to the store I'm getting this from they are going to have it next week or so.