Is the back casing of the 3DS XL supposed to pop off?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the back casing of the 3DS XL supposed to pop off?

User Info: Arsene-Lupin

Arsene-Lupin
3 years ago#1
Every once in a while my finger will catch the slight bevel along the edge and there will be just a little bit of give... to make it seem like the whole back casing could easily be popped off. Is it supposed to pop on/off to access the innards of the 3DS, or is this just a result of poor manufacturing?
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
I just noticed that with my 3DS XL too last week and I thought I broke it when I dropped it. But not really because my brother's 3DS XL pops off a bit on the back by the stylus too.
Wii U NNID: LegendaryHeroR. 3DS FC: 0731-5087-7070.
Xbox Live & PSN: EliteGamerRyan.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
3 years ago#3
the back plate is only held on by 2 screws and 2 clips on opposing ends, so this tends to let the plate 'give' mainly on the right side. i suppose its less poor manufacturing, but more 'stupid manufacturing.'

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#4
The entire back can indeed come off to access the battery. As mentioned, it only has a couple points of support holding it on there, so the sides can be loosened easily.
May thine...strength...help the world be mended
http://i.imgur.com/HdBP0.jpg

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
3 years ago#5
The back plate is basically a large battery cover.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is the back casing of the 3DS XL supposed to pop off?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived