whats the logic for not inluding a second analog on the hardware?

#11AnclationPosted 2/17/2013 5:52:33 AM
TinyTim123 posted...
I haven't played a single game that needed it.
...and I played Resident Evil Revelations.
The second stick hindered my ability when I tried it. I guess I am not an FPS kind of guy, really. Gyro all the way for me, I guess.

So what I am saying is, if there are very few games that need it, why incur extra cost having it?

Agreed. Even with a game like Kid Icarus: Uprising I'd take the Circle pad + stylus controls over a dual analog setup any day.
#12KouramaPosted 2/17/2013 5:57:39 AM
I found it useful in KH, MGS 3 and RE: Revelations. I'm sure it will be useful in MH3 as well but for the most part it is not necessary for most games.
#13legionofpancakePosted 2/17/2013 6:03:53 AM
Kilroy84 posted...
They claim there's no room on the system, but there's nothing stopping them from making a remodel with it and the extra buttons. Hell, a remodel would promote development for it. Especially since Nintendo has failed to properly promote it themselves thus far.

I can't play RE without it; feels both more natural and more efficient with the extra controls.

Sales would matter. If a remodel with both sticks were to be made then that would virtually make both of the current 3DS models feel obsolete to most consumers, given that the new model would have "better" hardware and the people who have already adopted would feel alienated and like they have inferior models. The two current 3DS models might stop selling almost dead in their tracks if a model with both sticks added on was made, at this point. Or given that the stick isn't exactly needed, the exact opposite could be true.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#14R_Fated_CirclePosted 2/17/2013 6:12:32 AM
Silly Nintendo they know the a 2nd analog should have been on the
system since day 1
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"
#15Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 2/17/2013 6:38:56 AM
It's easy to say it isn't needed at this point. That's because there isn't one, so of course games are generally designed around one analog. If it had two, then games would be designed around two.

This isn't true for all games, but most. While I enjoyed Kid Icarus a LOT, a second analog would have been amazing. I know the CPP exists, but I just decided to adapt to the game rather than shell out money for an accessory.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening | youtube.com/KnightSaziel
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#16OdinfanPosted 2/17/2013 6:41:44 AM
If anyone here took a look at the insides of the 3DS, you guys would already know that there ISN'T enough room inside for another stick.
---
"I'm not Ayu Ayu!" - Tsukimiya Ayu, Kanon
Because "Uguu!" is overused....
#17Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 2/17/2013 6:43:23 AM
Odinfan posted...
If anyone here took a look at the insides of the 3DS, you guys would already know that there ISN'T enough room inside for another stick.

If it was originally designed to have one, then it wouldn't have that problem. Of course there isn't room when it isn't designed to have one.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening | youtube.com/KnightSaziel
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948