Does playing the 3D mode for an extended amount of time safe?

#1G1ingyPosted 2/17/2013 5:19:07 AM
Many games the 3D modes don't add much and I just set it to minimum.

But for some games, 3D mode does genuinely make it look nicer.

I bought the 3DS a day ago and I tried playing in 3D mode for the first time and apparently it's kinda tiring.

Is that a serious problem?
#2fuzi11Posted 2/17/2013 5:25:28 AM
I don't want to be mean, but I don't understand this 3D is making me tired non sense.

Do you run around with only one eye openend? because with two eyes you are bound to see everything in 3D.
#3Human-BeanPosted 2/17/2013 5:34:55 AM
You'll get used to it eventually, it takes time, playing any video game for an extended period of time isn't gopd for you or your eyes.
#4ashphoenix77Posted 2/17/2013 5:43:41 AM
at first it used to give me huge headaches if i had it on for over an hour...now not really..I DO notice my eyes get tired more though
---
Xbox 360 :Avendosorra / PSN: augustheat77
35 - Idol-- Account Created Monday, April 4, 2005 6:24 PM
#5nonexistingheroPosted 2/17/2013 6:12:16 AM
fuzi11 posted...
I don't want to be mean, but I don't understand this 3D is making me tired non sense.

Do you run around with only one eye openend? because with two eyes you are bound to see everything in 3D.

Way to be ignorant.

Anyhow, the 3D of this system has different effects people. Some people's eyes don't get bothered by it at all, even by extended sessions. Most people will feel some slight strain, which means extended sessions with 3D on get give them headaches or make their eyes tired. There's also some people who see the 3D to a lesser extend, but their eyes are strained more. Which means these people can maybe play 30-60 minutes in 3D at most, before having to turn it off. And there's also people who don't see 3D at all.

The extent to which everyone experiences 3D seems to differ per person.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6ShadowRisaePosted 2/17/2013 7:43:06 AM
All you can do is play it and see how it affects you. I can't even play with 3D only for a few minutes, as it makes me feel motion sickness. But some people keep it on all the time and play for hours at a time.

I will point out that staring at a screen for too long can make your eyes tired and cause eye strain. But that can happen regardless of if you're staring at a 3DS or a computer monitor or a TV.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.
#7JonbazookabozPosted 2/17/2013 8:00:53 AM
Your left and right eye see different images ALL the time. Why would looking at the 3ds's double image be any different. The problems people have are from staring at small screens for too long.
---
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"
#8PuddingchanPosted 2/17/2013 8:01:20 AM
I have yet to try 3DS yet but as far as I know my eyes tend to feel very tired after watching 3D movies at the cinema. I feel dizzy as well. I tend to avoid those at any cost due to this experience.
#9TransdudePosted 2/17/2013 8:21:01 AM
The fact that the 3DS causes headaches to some people is nothing new. Remember when they had the red and cyan colored glasses, those things were a nightmare.
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS Friend Code: 2750-1600-2747
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#10nonexistingheroPosted 2/17/2013 10:25:41 AM
johnnybazookabo posted...
Your left and right eye see different images ALL the time. Why would looking at the 3ds's double image be any different. The problems people have are from staring at small screens for too long.

It's because 3D technology is fake depth and unnatural. At the moment, it's far from perfect. I have no trouble seeing depth when just looking at things. With 3D glasses, I get some slight eye strain. With the 3DS, I get a bit more.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.