Hows pokemon Typing Adventure?

#1lambchipsPosted 2/17/2013 8:57:36 AM
Im thinking of buying it for a 8-9 year old kid...
^ he watches the show and collect the trading cards (though the only time he get cards is when I return to my parents)

Either way i figured out this game would be a introduction to touch typing but before i get it for him i got a few questions...
- Hows the learning curve? (Tutorials and games)
- How is the game as a learning tool? (Can it be used as a tool to learn basic words/sentences etc)
- For those that already know how to touch type, has this game improved your wpm?
- Are you a parent? and would you introduce touch typing
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#2Kaze_MemaryuPosted 2/17/2013 10:32:09 AM
Well, it's an adventure. About Pokémon. With Typing. What do you expect? : /

Seriously, it's a neat game, but it has three major flaws (which I found out about by playing a showcase at my local store, btw):

- The keyboard is way too small.
- You have to place the keyboard and DS on a table with the DS being placed higher, or you can hardly read what is on the screen.
- it's edutainment! Expect your son to throw it at your head when he realizes that.

You really shouldn't do that, man. If you want your son to learn how to type, let him decide if he wants so as well. And if you want to get your son a Pokémon game, get Black 2/White 2.
---
"Evil, beware. We have waffles..."
- Raven, Teen Titans
#3lambchips(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 7:34:42 PM
Kaze_Memaryu posted...
Well, it's an adventure. About Pokémon. With Typing. What do you expect? : /

Seriously, it's a neat game, but it has three major flaws (which I found out about by playing a showcase at my local store, btw):

- The keyboard is way too small.
- You have to place the keyboard and DS on a table with the DS being placed higher, or you can hardly read what is on the screen.
- it's edutainment! Expect your son to throw it at your head when he realizes that.

You really shouldn't do that, man. If you want your son to learn how to type, let him decide if he wants so as well. And if you want to get your son a Pokémon game, get Black 2/White 2.

Thanks for the response
The kid isnt my son he's just a family friend that my mom babysits

bump for more answers
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green