3DS or Vita right now?

#1RocketomyPosted 2/17/2013 8:15:44 AM
I'm really really really torn between which one to choose right now.
3DS has tons of things going for it but the Vita has amazing hardware, some nice gems as well and Plus has some nice freebies.

However, Pokemon, Animal Crossing and other games have me on the fence. What's the better choice overall?
#2Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:35 AM
3DS now. Vita later.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening | youtube.com/KnightSaziel
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#3adonfrazPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:40 AM
Pick the one that has the most games you're interested in playing.
---
"I wanted another ad where LeBron says "Like a good neighbor State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!" - Skip Bayless
Xbox GT: Loyal Catalyst
#4JP_SartrePosted 2/17/2013 8:23:51 AM
inb4 the Nintendo propaganda society.
---
"The Virtual Boy didn't fail. We failed the Virtual Boy"
-fallenKlNG
#5EvonfirePosted 2/17/2013 8:24:56 AM
I asked myself this same question but went with a 3DS XL. What handheld has more games that interest you? I must say the 3DS library is insanely awesome and 2013 is just flooded with amazing titles coming out for the 3DS. I'm not sure about whats on the horizon for Vita as I don't own one. I know Vita is a beautiful handheld with amazing capabilities. But think about it, if you want incredible beautiful graphics, why not play your PC, ps3, or xbox 360. If you want innovation and fun and 3D, and touchscreen and just a new gaming experience (think super mario land 3d) go 3ds.

I'd recommend the 3DS XL w/ these games

Kid Icarus Uprising
Fire Emblem Awakening
Super Mario 3D Land
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Kingdrom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Mario Kart 7
Resident Evil Revelations
Code of Princess
Paper Mario & NSMB 2
Not to mention all the great DS games like pokemon, TWENY, 999 that you havent played yet.

The 3DS has a lot of games on the horizon and already available that look/are awesome so be sure and take that into account before buying a Vita.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#6Last VampirePosted 2/17/2013 8:29:28 AM
The Vita is supposedly getting a new model soon, that might be announced at the PlayStation event on the 20th. I'd wait and see what that's all about first.
---
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
#7Darkstorm16Posted 2/17/2013 8:39:45 AM
Just go on here it may take a bit but look up the systems you want to compare them with and see which system has the games that you enjoy the most (exclusive speaking).
---
Own a Vita, your a troll, own a 3ds, your a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#8RayzerTagPosted 2/17/2013 8:46:44 AM
Don't buy a Vita until after the 20th, when we will (hopefully) know what Sony's planning to do with it.

The 3DS is a safe bet, though. It has a good library already and an amazing lineup for 2013.
---
Baseless prediction as of 01/04/13 : the next Xbox will be called the Xbox On.
#9Darkstorm16Posted 2/17/2013 8:49:44 AM
No offense to Vita owner (I am a sony lover) and well...if your interested in what the 3ds has to offer I can guarantee it will hold your interest.
---
Own a Vita, your a troll, own a 3ds, your a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#10zavlinzPosted 2/17/2013 8:50:26 AM
the 3ds is ahead in quality titles, and that gap is just going to get bigger and bigger. What im going to do: im not going to buy a vita until theres at least 10-20 games i want on it.