I'm going to buy a 3DS today, but can't decide between XL, or LE Fire Emblem

#1OckmanPosted 2/17/2013 9:20:14 AM
I pretty much wanna buy and play Fire Emblem. I don't care about a digital version, I just wanna play it. Once the stores open this morning, I'm gonna go out and pick up a 3DS, but I really can't seem to decide which 3DS to get. I know a gamestop near me still has at least 1 of the LE fire emblem bundle which is $200, but they also have a used 3DS XL, which I could get for $160 with a couple I have. Which would still end up costing me $200 if I buy Fire Emblem on the eshop. So either way if I get an XL or the LE bundle, I'd be spending the same amount of money.

I can't decide which version of the system I'd rather have though. There are definitely more pros to me personally about the XL, than the smaller model. Size being one of the obvious factors, but it doesn't gets finger prints, or smudges as bad as the smaller models do. Purely from a functionality stand point, I think I like the XL best, but then the Fire Emblem 3DS is actually kinda limited, and I'm sure it'll eventually become like the Zelda 3DS where you can't find it unless you're willing to spend more than what it originally cost.

I would just like your folks advice before I head out. What would you do in my position?
---
PSN: Ockman XBOX LIVE: I ockman I
#2Ame_no_MurakumoPosted 2/17/2013 9:23:27 AM
When it comes to handhelds, always buy new. That's my thoughts on it. Go for the LE.
---
Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening | youtube.com/KnightSaziel
Steam: KnightSaziel | 3DS FC: 5456-0205-3948
#3MARl0Posted 2/17/2013 9:26:49 AM
Get the XL. It shouldn't even be a question at this point.
---
Currently playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
#4EvonfirePosted 2/17/2013 9:37:18 AM
Dude get the XL you can thank us later.
---
I'm a 10+ year GameFaqs lurker. Friend Code: 3668-7314-6427.
#5Jakerific44Posted 2/17/2013 9:37:36 AM
Ame_no_Murakumo posted...
When it comes to handhelds, always buy new. That's my thoughts on it. Go for the LE.

---
Official Dratini of the Pokemon X Board
Going to go a year without playing 3DS. Started 1/14/13. Ended 1/14/13
#6fuzi11Posted 2/17/2013 10:13:27 AM
how bout the FE XL LE?
#7RocketomyPosted 2/17/2013 10:18:20 AM
Ask for the used 3DS XL and inspect it thoroughly. Sometimes they have ones in great condition. I bought a used PSP 1000 a year ago in GS and it really surprised me how great it still looked after all those years of use.

But def. get the XL if you can and pick up a copy of Awakening. Besides, if you like the design of the LE you can just order this for around 8 bucks and voila: http://www.etsy.com/listing/122338499/fire-emblem-themed-decal-for-3ds-xl?
#8mjc0961Posted 2/17/2013 11:06:04 AM
Ockman posted...
I can't decide which version of the system I'd rather have though. There are definitely more pros to me personally about the XL, than the smaller model. Size being one of the obvious factors, but it doesn't gets finger prints, or smudges as bad as the smaller models do. Purely from a functionality stand point, I think I like the XL best, but then the Fire Emblem 3DS is actually kinda limited, and I'm sure it'll eventually become like the Zelda 3DS where you can't find it unless you're willing to spend more than what it originally cost.

Get the XL. The FE 3DS won't skyrocket in value. You aren't going to make big money off of selling it down the road, especially if you've been playing on it for years.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#9Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/17/2013 11:24:25 AM
XL - easy choice imo.
#10Bancario51Posted 2/17/2013 11:31:21 AM(edited)
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2167709/fire-emblem-awakening-3ds-xl-bundle-europe_960.jpg

problem solved, wait till Reggie announces its coming stateside.
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~