Are GBA games ever going to be available on the Eshop?

#31n00bsaib0tPosted 2/18/2013 10:08:49 AM
Carbuncle009 posted...
Gandalf the Istari posted...
I feel like this is a huge lost income stream. I'd be super willing to buy quite a few gba games on eshop for 5-10$.

Off the top of my head:
Advance wars 1/2
breath of fire 1/2
ff 4/5/6 advance
FFTA
FE: Sacred Stones
FE
Golden sun 1/2
Zelda: Link to the past
LOTR two towers/rotk
pokemon firered/leafgreen
pokemon emerald
sonic advance 1/2/3
super mario advance

I would like to think that Nintendo doesn't want money by releasing VC. They'd rather get money by actually putting effort into a new game. Hence why they aren't makin Majora's Mask remake.

You say that like Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Lord Of The Rings, and Sonic are Nintendo franchises that they would make money off of.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#32Gandalf the IstariPosted 2/19/2013 10:09:06 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...
I feel like this is a huge lost income stream. I'd be super willing to buy quite a few gba games on eshop for 5-10$.

Off the top of my head:
Advance wars 1/2
breath of fire 1/2
ff 4/5/6 advance
FFTA
FE
Golden sun 1/2
LOTR two towers/rotk
pokemon emerald
sonic advance 1/2/3
super mario advance

I would like to think that Nintendo doesn't want money by releasing VC. They'd rather get money by actually putting effort into a new game. Hence why they aren't makin Majora's Mask remake.

You say that like Final Fantasy, Golden Sun, Lord Of The Rings, and Sonic are Nintendo franchises that they would make money off of.

I'm assuming that they get licensing fees for anything not first party that ends up on the eshop, which isn't really that much of a stretch. I was just picking out some of the better selling titles I remembered from gba. Feel free to actually contribute to the conversation next time.
#33lilpuddy31Posted 2/19/2013 2:26:23 PM
I wonder how many times this topic/question gets posted every week?...
---
I miss NHL hockey, I miss my St. Louis Blues :(
#34IcecreamdunwichPosted 2/19/2013 2:41:09 PM
One day, Nintendo has no reason to say no to porting more roms over.
#35CrybabyloverPosted 2/19/2013 5:04:19 PM
PokeMaster posted...
They did it because of all the americans complaning about having to take their 3DS outside their house for streetpass and whatnot, and their fear of being robbed.

http://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gif

Icecreamdunwich posted...
One day, Nintendo has no reason to say no to porting more roms over.

And wow, I did not expect to see you posting on this board, with the Wii U shenanigans and all.
---
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.
[3DS FC: 1289-8445-3650] | [NNID: xShiga] | [PSN: Shiga2714] | [Steam: xxshigaxx]
#36DeathSoul2000Posted 2/19/2013 5:06:39 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...

Off the top of my head:
Advance wars 1/2
breath of fire 1/2
ff 4/5/6 advance
FFTA
FE
Golden sun 1/2
LOTR two towers/rotk
pokemon emerald
sonic advance 1/2/3
super mario advance

that would explain the wind waker remake. oh wait....