Console franchises you'd like to get the same treatment as Mirror of Fate.

#1l3igl3ossPosted 2/17/2013 2:53:41 PM
As in moving from 3D action to a side scroller with roughly the same type of gameplay. Others include Shinobi 3DS (mixing both old and new Shinobi games on the PS2) or Sonic Generations 3DS, on a lesser extent.

I'd like to try Metal Gear Solid game based on MGS2 gameplay, mixed with Bonanza Bros. side scrolling stealth mechanics, as in being able to hide yourself in the level's "depth" so that enemies go past you. MGS2 is most suitable for this as it would feel more arcade-like.

Don't be afraid to make silly suggestions, everything is welcome.
---
This account will cease to exist once Nintendo goes out of business because of the Wii U.
#2Rez429Posted 2/17/2013 2:56:54 PM
Metal Gear Rising like Viewtiful Joe.
#3Bancario51Posted 2/17/2013 3:09:24 PM
why are you trying to doom other franchises?
---
Claiming to be an official ____ of a board is officially dumb
If you agree to be my wangdingo, quote my level and karma~
#4GeomaetrixPosted 2/17/2013 3:15:20 PM
Bancario51 posted...
why are you trying to doom other franchises?

There, the attention you crave so much...

Anyway, I would do Tomb Raider in side scrolling, but with the ability to interact with whatever is in the levels depth, as TC said: shooting enemies, throwing the rope, activate puzzles, etc.
#5MrKunioPosted 2/17/2013 3:17:53 PM
Faxanadu remake for 3ds!!!! Make it just a little bit more epic than the original and it would be perfect. If they made it just a tad more difficult, it would be just fine with me as well!
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
3DS Fc: Mr. Kunio - 3437-4087-1475
#6l3igl3oss(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 3:32:31 PM
Geomaetrix posted...
Anyway, I would do Tomb Raider in side scrolling, but with the ability to interact with whatever is in the levels depth, as TC said: shooting enemies, throwing the rope, activate puzzles, etc.

Hmm... you know, I realized something about my suggestion and yours. Metal Gear Solid was built originally as glorified 2D game with 3D levels, down to the enemy A.I. only being able to recognize you if you're on the same floor xD. Tomb Raider got a great game with Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light, which has an isometric view, kinda like some past 2D games (Light Crusader, Super Mario RPG). Maybe what we should be trying isn't a way to cripple franchises in favour of side scrolling, but look at those which had 2D beginnings (either side scrolling, top down view, isometric, or depth scrolling) and enhance them with the possibility of interacting with 3D worlds.

Let's rephrase the topic: which type of 2D gameplay would work best for any given franchise? Since the 3DS lacks a second analog stick, I'd say it would be cool if some FPS could be turned into depth scrolling games, where unlike sprite based ones like Space Harrier, you have control over forward and backwards movement.
---
This account will cease to exist once Nintendo goes out of business because of the Wii U.
#7Devilman_AmonPosted 2/17/2013 3:37:39 PM
l3igl3oss posted...
Others include Shinobi 3DS (mixing both old and new Shinobi games on the PS2)

I didn't like this

As a fan of Shinobi PS2 I really wanted to play as Hotsuma again in full 3D glory
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#8moondog84Posted 2/17/2013 3:45:59 PM
They should remake Legacy of the Wizard. One of my most favorite nes games. And a 3d Shadowgate would be awesome!
---
Spaceballs the Signature