I've never enjoyed a handheld...but I think I'm gonna try again with 3DS!!!

#1SlausdPosted 2/17/2013 3:23:00 PM
I had a go advanced sp, but got bored of it quick. Then I tried again with the original DS, but got bored of it too.

I mostly blame the fact that I can't play handhelds in cars, because they make me instantly car sick. And for the previous systems, some games were fun but never seemed like a "deep" enough experience for me. I know that some people say that's not the point of handhelds, but those are the games I like, for example I hate playing games on my iPhone.

Anyway, I live in NYC now so if I got a handheld I would have plenty of time to play it on the train. My job also offers lots of downtime where I could get a lot of handheld gaming in.

And after watching the last Nintendo direct the package deal coming up with luigis mansion and the free Super Mario land, looks awesome.

What do you guys think, will I like this thing? Or will handheld gaming never be something I get in to?
---
The awkward fisherman does nothing but disturb the water.
#2oathkeeper9918Posted 2/17/2013 3:42:26 PM
It's great that you're giving handhelds another shot!

Don't forget that the 3DS can play DS games too, and there are a bunch of really good games like TWEWY and Radiant Historia that you can play.
#3KaitaNuvaPosted 2/17/2013 3:49:25 PM
You got bored of:

Phoenix Wright 1-4, Miles Edgeworth
Pokemon D/P/P,SS/HG,B/W,B2/W2
Mario Kart / Party / Partners in Time
Final Fantasy III / IV
999: Nine hours, nine persons, nine doors
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass / Spirit Tracks
Dragon Quest 5 / 9
Tetris (the system it's meant to be played on)
GTA: Chinatown Wars
Chrono Trigger
Hotel Dusk

I find that REALLY hard to believe. In fact, I'd say you haven't even touched more than 3 of these games.

And these are the ones that only I'VE liked. Ones I didn't liked that others have:

Castlevania
Elite Beat Agents
The World Ends with You
Professor Layton

You're doing yourself a huge disservice you don't do it seriously this time and give some of these games more a than a flying crap. Seriously. Get some ds games before you try 3ds.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#4DoctorCrabMDPosted 2/17/2013 3:49:37 PM
I didn't like the GBA or the DS either. I know exactly what you mean about the games not feeling deep enough. Also, GBA games had washout-out colors, and the DS seemed to have really bad graphics as well as sound.

However, the 3DS feels far superior. The graphics are great, the sound is great, and the games feel like a lot of effort is put into them. Mario 3D Land for example is a million times better than that New Mario DS game.
#5Devilman_AmonPosted 2/17/2013 3:57:54 PM
How come Golden Sun DS is never mentioned?

Also Rondo of Swords and Infinite Space?
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#6KaitaNuvaPosted 2/17/2013 4:00:56 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
How come Golden Sun DS is never mentioned?

Also Rondo of Swords and Infinite Space?

I wasn't trying to create a "best of" list, just games I've actually tried. I also PC game so you can figure why I haven't tried every good title DS out there.
---
Rosewill Challenger | HannsG 21.5" | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 @3.7GHz | Sapphire HD 6850 1GB @875/1075 | 4gb ddr2 667 | Corsair 400w
#7Crash_Override9Posted 2/17/2013 4:02:28 PM
I never liked GBA that much (if you read my game collection in my sig, I only got 20 games for GBA and I wasn't too crazy about the system)

However! When the DS and 3DS came out, that's when I went hardcore and overblown. I have over 100 DS games and over 40 3DS games (And counting!)

So, in conclusion, it's the DS and 3DS that won me over. Good job, Nintendo!
---
My Game Collections: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/Crash_Override9/games/owned