Screen Protectors on XL?

#1xsabrewulfPosted 2/17/2013 3:31:50 PM
Is it worth getting a screen protector for the 3DS?

Is it possible for the included stylus to scratch the bottom screen?
#2ptreemf12Posted 2/17/2013 3:34:55 PM
Mine is still flawless. I have owned it since September. I personally don't take it out of the house much though, and I never put it in my pockets.

Be careful with it and the screens won't scratch.

Yes, I have played KI:U. Still no scratches :3
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#3OoSubaruoOPosted 2/17/2013 3:37:18 PM
Unless you have little kids in your home, who play with it. You can easily go without screen protectors. But, if you're worried a lot about them scratching, I'd advise getting Hori's brand.
#4furygodsPosted 2/17/2013 3:42:09 PM
xsabrewulf posted...
Is it worth getting a screen protector for the 3DS?

Is it possible for the included stylus to scratch the bottom screen?

My stylus (the included one on the XL) does not scratch the bottom screen.

Helpful strategy if you do not use a screen protector on the bottom screen:

1) Only touch the bottom screen with your Stylus.
2) Blow you bottom screen's dust off if possible, but gently as always.
3) Never clean the bottom screen, or the top screen, with anything other than what is mentioned on #2 and #4.
4) For dust that are stuck on the screen and don't wanna let go, use the stylus and gently tap/poke (gently!) the speck of dust until the dust is stuck on the stylus and the wipe the stylus on something clean. Sometimes dust looks like a rainbow scratch on the screen (top or bottom screen) but it is dust and could be removed via this method. [Not sure if the stylus itself could be scratched]
5) If you accidentally touched (swiped) the bottom screen with your fingers, as long as nothing is visible when the XL is turned on, it's fine.
6) Only take out dust if it is visible when you are playing a game with your XL turned on, don't touch what you can't see!

Why you may ask, because cloth scratches the screen with repeated use, no matter how soft if may be, my gold zelda DS lite for example was scratched greatly on the bottom screen cause I was OCD with the cloth ^^

Notice that your XL may appear to be dirty when it is turned off but resist the urge to wipe it! Remember, as long you can't see the dirtiness when the XL is turned on, it's perfect! (Don't apply this to anything other than the XL/3DS)
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#5OoSubaruoOPosted 2/17/2013 3:44:16 PM
You could clean your screen with your fingers gently too. At least that way, you have less chances scratching the screens than with the stylus.
#6furygodsPosted 2/17/2013 3:46:05 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...
You could clean your screen with your fingers gently too. At least that way, you have less chances scratching the screens than with the stylus.

Doesn't this leave finger prints/blurry marks?
---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#7OoSubaruoOPosted 2/17/2013 3:48:52 PM
furygods posted...
OoSubaruoO posted...

Doesn't this leave finger prints/blurry marks?

Fingerprints aren't a problem for me, I'd rather have those than dust/dirt on my screens.
#8TeepotPosted 2/17/2013 3:57:05 PM
Screen protectors are definitely a necessity for a 3ds, whether original or xl. despite what some people here may say, the xl is still quite capable of scratching itself.
---
Bad biscuits make the baker broke, bro.
#9ptreemf12Posted 2/17/2013 4:00:17 PM(edited)
Teepot posted...
Screen protectors are definitely a necessity for a 3ds, whether original or xl. despite what some people here may say, the xl is still quite capable of scratching itself.

Whatever you say... Might as well wrap everything I own in plastic while I'm at it.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#10FuneralCakePosted 2/17/2013 4:00:14 PM
I say better safe than sorry. The Hori screen protectors are amazing. They're relatively cheap, easy to put on, and you can always replace the screen protector when it gets scratched. It's much more difficult (and expensive) to replace the entire screen.

After playing Theatrhythm for a good while, my screen protector was scratched up pretty badly. I'd hate for that to happen with my actual screen.
---
STOP CALLING ME HOME ROWED
http://i.minus.com/ib1uFDGNC2IrTo.gif